Friday 6 November 2015

Mini Papercraft Pack - Megs Garden #1

Hello all you beautiful visitors and welcome to my blog.  Hope you are having a wonderful day!!

Megs Garden has recently released a new product, namely the Mini Papercraft Pack.  This pack is ideal for making cards, tags, mini albums, off the page projects, anything really that requires smaller sized papers and ephemera.  The pages are slightly smaller  than the original Mini Card Pack (which is also still available) but it has lots of added goodies and you can get it in both the printed and the digital version.  How cool is that??

I'm sharing two cards with you today made with the 'English Rose Garden' Mini Papercraft Pack.

This is the full pack (each page measures 8.5" x 11") ..

 







.. and, so far I have created four cards with it.
In this post I will show you the first two and then in the next few days I will share the other two.  Hopefully, you will enjoy this post enough that you will want to return to see those .. LOL!!


Card 1
Measures 3.5" x 6"


The background papers in the pack are 5.4" square so, to make a slightly taller card, I simply cut two of the squares to the width I needed, then tore them both diagonally across and layered them to create the extra length.


Added some machine stitching, stenciling with texture paste and some ink splatters. 


The strip cut from the side of one of the squares was used as a layer down the center of the card and I simply machine stitched it down the middle to secure it. 



 The birdcage label is from the ephemera in the pack and I've added a few seed beads as well.


The flowers are all available from Megs Garden.  The mini roses were sprayed very lightly with some acrylic paint and then everything was dry brushed with gesso.


Card 2
Measures 4" x 5.5"


No spraying or ink splatters this time, just some background stenciling with texture paste.


 All the ribbons used here are available at Megs Garden.  The raffia came from my stash.  I simply opened it out and shredded it.  Meg does have raffia available in her store but at the moment only has black and brown in stock.


 The beads and small green stamen clusters are from my stash and the frame is from Prima.


My fave flowers .. Puffy Paper Flowers!  Originally they were off-white and I've just sprayed them with different colours of watered down acrylic paint and then dry brushed them with gesso.  Of course, they are available from Megs Garden.


So, as I said before, these are the first two cards made from the Papercraft Pack.  In the next few days I will show you another two cards.  I'm really hoping you will want to come back to take a look.


I have left a list of Megs Garden Products used at the end of this post.  Simply click on the name and it will take you to the relevant page of the Web site.  While you're there, why not take a look at all of the gorgeous products available through Megs Garden.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and do enjoy the rest of your day.

Megs Garden Products used

English Rose Garden Mini Papercraft Pack
Puffy Paper Flowers
Carabella Rose - Fairy Pink
Mini Rose Buds
Small Paper Roses
1.2cm White Lace
Natural Jute Ribbon
Camel Mesh Ribbon

Take care and God Bless.
oxox  Marg


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards love all the layers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg! I hope your week has been a good one.. Your cards are so pretty, I love all the details, the stitching looks wonderful, the hint of stencilling and also love the raffia.. I made a hat a long time ago and probably have a bit of Rafia somewhere!! I look forward to seeing your other cards!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty papers & you have showcased them beautifully:) Adore how you've used that lovely frame on the 2nd one, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous cards - thank you for sharing. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so lovely. The papers are wonderful. So pretty and feminine. Such cool detail too. Amazing word you do Margy.<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauw these are gorgeous and so romantic with all the fab details. Beautiful made. Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW WOW I have been so busy I haven't seen any of these awesome creations as yet!! I am so glad you are onto the feminine cards now! You are brilliant at the manly ones but I do love me some awesome prettiness & these are absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.