Tuesday 24 November 2015

Christmas Cards for Megs Garden

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog.  So pleased you dropped in for a visit.

Christmas is nearly upon us again (where does the time go??)  so I am here to share some Christmas cards with you.
Megs Garden has some wonderful Christmas papers in the store which are perfect for any Christmas items you may wish to create.  There are Mini Paper Packs, Mini Papercrafters Packs, 12 x 12 Scrapbooking Papers, Collage Sheets, and so much more.  All of the papers are available in printed form but some also come as downloads, which means you could buy them, download them and start using them the same day!!  Awesome!!
These cards were created with Megs Garden's Mini Paper Packs.  These particular papers only come in the printed form but they are so gorgeous, I absolutely love them.

Card #1 made with 'A Musical Christmas'  Mini Paper Pack.


The paper I've used here is my fave from this pack .. love the stripes and the lush purple grapes in the corners .. stunning!!


The large bloom in the cluster and the small white flower are also from Megs Garden.  As is the lace.  All of the red flowers, and the lace as well were originally white.  I simply sprayed them with  some Dylusions Cherry Pie Ink Spray to change the colour.  It reacted differently on the lace but still came out quite pretty I think.


Added some Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paste through a stencil and, once it was dry, I used some diluted acrylic paint to enhance the cracks.


Cut the label shape from another sheet of paper from the pack and then edged it with gold embossing powder.  The '25' comes from a collection by Kaisercraft.  I used a circle punch to cut it out and then mounted it on some thick card for dimension.



The 'Merry Christmas' gold sticker came from my stash. 


 Decorated the inside with more of the same paper.


Once it was all assembled, I dabbed on some gesso in random places and then, while it was still wet, I sprinkled over it with glitter.  I also splattered the card with white ink to simulate snow.  We don't have a white Christmas where we live, but I just love the look.  On the Frilly & Funky web site there is a fabulous step by step for a snowy Christmas card by Pamellia Johnson. I didn't go as snowy as she does but I did use part of her technique.

Card #2 made with 'Tis Christmas Time' Mini Paper Pack.



Used my fave paper from this collection.  It has a gorgeous tartan pattern and I love the roses in the corner!!


Stenciled again on this card but this time I used Jo Sonja's Translucent Texture Paste.  I love that you can still faintly see the paper through it.


The leaf chippy is from 2Crafty Chipboard and the lace is from BoBunny.  Used another '25' circle as an embellie as well.


The flowers in this cluster are also available from Megs Garden.  They are from the Fantasy Flowers range and, once again, were originally white and sprayed with Dylusions Cherrie Pie to colour.


The word 'Noel' comes from a sheet in the 'A Musical Christmas' pack.  I simply cut out the letters and mounted them on card stock for extra dimension.


The inside decorated with the same paper as used on the front.  The quote is a cut-apart from Kaisercraft.


Added some 'snow' again on this card.  I did say I loved it didn't I??  LOL!!  I think I will be doing that on all of my Christmas cards this year.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my Christmas cards.  I urge you to go and take a look at the Megs Garden Christmas shop.  You will find so many wonderful items to use in all your Christmas crafting.  HERE is the link to the Christmas shop, and do take a look around the blog at all of the fabulous creations by my Team mates.  HERE is the link to the Blog.

Megs Garden products used

Papers
'Tis Christmas Time Mini Paper Pack
A Musical Christmas Mini Paper Pack
Flowers
Puffy Paper Flowers
Cherry Blossoms
Fantasy Blooms
Lace
3.5cm White

Thank you so much for visiting and enjoy the rest of your day.
Happy Christmas Crafting.
Take care and God Bless.
 0x0x  Marg

9 comments:

  1. Hi Marg! I hope you have had a good day! Not as hot here today, we have had some wonderful rain in storms and no damage or hail so that is good.. Your cards are so lovely, I love the hint of snow, love the red flowers and the papers you have used are so pretty too.. and your inside of the card is also really lovely.. I am sure who ever gets these cards will be thrilled.. have a lovely night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards all of them Marg! Such beautiful papers and your embellishing is always wonderful! Specially love the Noel one, wow, so gorgeous! The insides look fantastic too! Whoever gets these beauties is going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous papers and so beautifully scrapped for the Christmas Season. Love the touches of gesso with glitter and the lace looks lovely died to blend in with the clusters. Lovely work TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wauw these Christmas cards are gorgeous! I love the papers, the colours and all the lovely details and flowers. Beautiful made!! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waaah my comment disappeared! My internet is on a serious go slow!!These are gorgeous! I love your rich colours & that snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with both your christmas cards...so festive and absolutely gorgeous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. elegant..fab layers of beauty and texture..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh another two goodies. LOVE the second one. Just yummylicious. Keep em coming :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.