Saturday 21 November 2015

Christmas with Feeling Sketchy #133

Hi everyone!!  Welcome, and thank you for dropping by, so nice to have you visit.

I started making my Christmas cards for this year a few weeks ago.  Haven't made very many yet but am totally stoked that I actually managed to get them started this early.  Well, early for me anyway.  It's usually December before I even start thinking about them and to have actually started making them in November is amazing!!  I am so proud of myself!!  Anyways, I thought, seeing as I was making cards anyway, why not make one for a Challenge, and so the card I am about to share with you was made for the Feeling Sketchy Challenge # 133.
I saw the sketch thanks to Lizzy Crust at Crumbs of Creativity (love her work!!) and thought it would be perfect for one of my cards so ..

This is the sketch  ..
 .. and this is my interpretation.



I have used papers from Megs Garden's  'A Musical Christmas' Mini Paper Pack and turned the sketch upside down ('cos I could!!)  LOL!!


This large bloom was white originally.  I simply sprayed it with Dylusions Cherrie Pie Ink Spray.


I've had those gold 'Merry Christmas' stickers in my stash for years.  Found them again while I was cleaning up and they came in very handy!


The tickets to the North Pole are from an old Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet and the little bauble spray was pulled out of a Christmas decoration which was bought specifically for use on my cards!


Created a pocket for a Gift Voucher by fussy cutting one of the paper sheets.  The quote at the top is a cut apart from another Kaisercraft collection.


Created a bit of 'snow' on my card by adding some spots of gesso and then, while it was still wet, sprinkling it with some glitter.  You can't see it too well on these photos but it looks really pretty!!  Pamelia Johnson did a fabulous tutorial on the Frilly and Funkie site.  Her card is a lot snowier than mine but I did use some of her technique!!

So, another card done, and a Challenge entered!!
At the beginning of the year I had intended to enter at least one Challenge each month.  Well, that never happened so, I'm thinking, maybe next year!  Maybe!!  You never know!!

Thank you so much for visiting and here is the Link again for the Feeling Sketchy Challenge.  Why not have a go??  It's really fun and so easy to make a card following a sketch!

Thank you so much for visiting and enjoy the rest of your day!!
Happy Christmas Crafting!!
Take care and God Bless.


16 comments:

  1. Hi Marg! I hope your day is going well! It is warming up again here, we got to 39 yesterday... I wonder if it will reach that today? I am so glad you joined in with feeling sketchy as they are a lovely site and would welcome more entries! And your card is so pretty! The cluster is stunning, and love how handy those gold stickers are as well as looking wonderful! And the inside is just as gorgeous! And the hint of snow is lovely! I love this card, and I hope you get lots of time for more Christmas crafting! Love the little picture at the end of your blog post too, very festive! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love the plum colour and the snow!! And those bauble bits are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card loving those papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAAAY! You did it! And I reckon it's a beauty! Looove the 'snow' & the way you've sprayed the flower....gorgeous with the purple. Am I REALLY saying that??!!! Purple and like in the same sentence, haha!! Anyways, I reckon next year.... and Christmas card for a challenge each month is not pushing it toooo much & think how further ahead you will be in December. Great New Years resolution in the making, methinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Christmas cards. Love yout take on the sketch and the embellishments and papers are just great. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An Elegant and Beautiful card Margaret!! love the bit of snow! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable trabajo, preciosa tarjeta
    felicidades

    saludos desde Chile
    http://mi-scrap.blogspot.cl

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous card Margaret and I love how you've rotated our sketch! Love the flower, and the bauble spray ... especially the fake frosting of snow - fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Feeling Sketchy this time.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Christmas card ! Thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours that you have mixed. It looks so rich and pretty. Great take on the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us again. I am really struggling to keep up with all the commenting. Life just seems to be so hectic at the moment. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. WoW, you made a beautiful card and I like how you take our sketch :-)) Fantastic job!
    Thank you for entering at Feeling Sketchy this time! Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow - this is a beautiful card! I love the little bits of snow on the elements. Thanks for joining us at the Feeling Sketchy challenge, and good luck!
    Love Jen Leeflang
    Feeling Sketchy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing Card your detail work is great. Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful card! Love the snow effect! Thanks so much for joining us at Feeling Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Margaret, this card is absolutely STUNNING GORGEOUS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Love everything about it!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Feeling Sketchy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.