Monday 9 November 2015

Mini Papercraft Pack - Megs Garden #2

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day!!

If you had a look at my previous post you would have seen that Megs Garden has recently released a new product, namely the Mini Papercraft Pack.  This pack is ideal for making cards, tags, mini albums, off the page projects, anything really that requires smaller sized papers and ephemera.  The pages are slightly smaller  than the original Mini Card Pack (which is also still available) but it has lots of added goodies and you can get it in both the printed and the digital version.  How cool is that??

I'm sharing another two cards with you today made with the 'English Rose Garden' Mini Papercraft Pack and, as I said in my last post, I thoroughly enjoyed creating with it.

This is the full pack (each page measures 8.5" x 11") ..

 




So far, I have created four cards with this pack, but I still have quite a bit of it left over so there will be more creations to come!!
Here are the last two cards in more detail ..


Card 3
Measures 4.5" x 5.5"


Very much the vintage look here.  My base paper is one of the larger images from the ephemera in the pack which I've simply torn to size and then stenciled with Distress Ink and texture paste.


My second fave flowers ..  the Carabella Rose available, of course, from Megs Garden.


One of the vintage lady images from the ephemera tucked into a Little Birdie chipboard frame..


Some 2Crafty Chipboard coloured with acrylic paint, coated with Clear Rock Candy Crackle and dry brushed with gesso ..


.. and the inside, decorated with more of the paper.

Card 4 
Measures 5" x 5.5"
 

Triple paper layers on the front stamped with a script stamp and sprayed lightly with watered down 'Peeled Paint' Distress paint.  Tucked some gauze and some pretty ribbon between the layers too.


The clock was mounted on some chipboard for extra dimension and then I attached the metal clock hands with a small brad.


Sprayed the flower centers with more of the 'Peeled Paint' Distress paint and added some twine,  a strip of  lace and some beads.


I made the back part of the card wider than the front so that I could add this little greeting on the side.  Unfortunately my embossing didn't turn out as clean and sharp as I would have liked but that's what happens sometimes with handmade items.   You don't always have total control but I'll just say it adds character!!  LOL!!


A closer look at the layers and stamping ..



.. and the inside of the card.


The cards in this post and in my previous post are all I have made with this pack so far and I do hope I have inspired you to try the packs for yourself.  There are a few different paper designs to choose from, including two Christmas Packs which would be ideal for Christmas cards and/or mini albums and even some decorations. The possibilities are endless.
For more ideas of what can be made with the Papercraft Pack, my Team Mate Miriam Hagger has a post showing a gorgeous altered Printer's Tray and Team Mate Dana Tatar has a post showing some fabulous Christmas ornaments.  To see Miriam's post click HERE, and to see Dana's post click HERE.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leaving me some love.


Megs Garden Products used

English Rose Garden Mini Papercraft Pack
Old World Time Collage Sheet
Carabella Rose - Fairy Pink
Fantasy Blooms - White
3.5cm White Lace

Enjoy the rest of your day, take care and God Bless.
oxox  Marg


7 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are breathtaking! You've inspired me to try some new techniques. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The papers are indeed beautiful Margaret and your have created some gorgeous cards with them. I love your style of work!!
    Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! As for the sentiment....it's shabby chic, like your card! The flowers on the top one are sooo gorgeous....then I really like the clock and lace on the 2nd one. They are both really yummy:):) The papers work really well with this style, too. Brilliant creating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg, Now you know I love your man cards.. but by crikey I love love love your feminine and beautiful pretty cards too.. these are gorgeous.. the layers, the distressed edges and the blooms.. really beautiful Marg! I hope your day has been good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two more gorgeous cards to add to your collection of stunning Art work. The dusty pink tones and the lovely frame on the first one are perfect for a vintage theme. Love the crackle on the leaves too. The crisp green and white with the lace on the second one is equally superb. I would not be able to choose a favourite. Glorious and inspirational TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those papers they are so soft and pretty and the cards you have made are just lovely. They are so feminine and the attention to detail is just gorgeous. Although I like them both the second one is my fave. The insides are so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those papers are absolutely beautiful - LOVE Meg's Garden! And your cards are so beautiful too - especially the one with the clock!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.