Tuesday 17 November 2015

An Anniversary Card

Hello again everyone!!  A very warm welcome to my blog, so pleased you came for a visit and I hope you are all having a wonderful day!  I have some new followers as well.  A very warm welcome to you and thank you so much for joining me.

I am quite busy making my Christmas cards at the moment and really enjoying the process.  Will start showing them soon but not just yet.  Gotta keep you in suspense just a bit longer.  LOL!!

My oldest son and his beautiful wife celebrated their Anniversary a few days ago and so I am here to share the card I made for them. 



The papers used are from Prima's 6 x 6 Timeless Memories Paper Pad.  I  simply tore it at the top and bottom, rolled the edges and added a small piece of black lace behind the openings ..


.. then inserted my flower clusters along with some stamens and bits of twine.


Added some Prills, did a little doodling and splashed a bit of white gesso and black ink over the paper.


The flourish was cut with Die-namics Framing Flourishes die.  I actually cut two and glued them together for a bit more dimension.
I'm really enamored of this staggered style of card at the moment.  That extra bit at the side just makes it a little more unique!!  I think so anyway.


The inside edged with strips of  the same papers.


I really liked this colour combination .. will definitely have to use it again!!

Thank you so much for coming to visit. For my South Aussie peeps, hope you keep your cool over the next few days, it's going to be HOT!!!

Take care everyone and I hope you have a very enjoyable week.
God Bless.

5 comments:

  1. love love love this ... the pops of orange are magical ... my new fave xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY pretty....love the ripped paper & the flowers sort of look like a bouquet ... if you use your imagination a bit!!! Nice job....looking forward to seeing your Chrissy cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - the wider back makes for a lovely design - especially with the pattern paper & chippie added! And love the black base too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! A unique card with the stepped side and the bellyband. That looks fab with the torn paper, the sheer muslin and the string. I like the idea of sticking two dies together for a bit more oomph! Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful. The colours and the design. Love that middle strip. Lots of layers and textures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.