Wednesday 8 January 2014

Side Step Card

Hello Everyone!!!  Welcome to my blog, I hope your day is going well.
The weather here in Adelaide today is beautiful, bright and sunny but not too hot, just the way I like it.  I do feel so sorry for those of you caught up in the extreme cold and terrible floods they are getting in the Northern Hemisphere.  It must be so difficult to get on with your life in those kinds of temperatures and conditions.  Let's hope it lets up real soon.
I have a side step card to share with you today.  Haven't made one of these in a long time, I do find they take a bit more effort, but I really do like them.
 The papers used are from Pion's Flower and Frames Collection.  I really love these papers, they are so pretty.  Lovely pastel colours and subtle patterns and so easy to work with.   Below you can see a close-up of the subtle images these papers have on them.  Love it!!  This time I've used the 12 x 12 papers which are double sided so the base paper and the top layer are cut from the same sheet, I've just used opposite sides.  The contrast is easier to see in real life.  As you can see, I did a little doodling with my white gel pen.
The piece of lace used here was the last little bit I had left and it wasn't quite long enough for the length of the card so I manipulated it to look like the edge of a doily sticking out of the side.  I've also used Memory Box's Honey Blossom Sprig Die again (love that die, I use it a lot) and placed a little bit of gauze and a couple of branches between the layers.  
The large flower is called Meadow and both it and the small roses are available at Meg's Garden.com.  The leaves were cut using my Silhouette (they are actually left overs from my Christmas cards) and I used some Perfect Pearls for the veins.  The small branches were cut with Martha Stewart's Twig Branch Punch and the music is Memory Box's Virtuoso Music Die. 
The metal embellishment was coated with gesso and then sprayed with Pearl Glimmer Mist.
This card took a little more effort only because you need to marry up the side panel with the embellies on the front and I had a little trouble with that initially, but I'm happy with the final result.

Thank you so much for visiting  and, hopefully, for your comments as well.
Please take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

13 comments:

  1. OMG drop dead gorgeous ... so dreamy, loving the soft colors too , hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for sharing it :-) *hugs* Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a delightful card... beautifully romantic! Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg, yes today was a totally different day than on the weekend with the terrible heat we got up here.. Your card is really lovely, love the soft colors and love the music die you have used.. You put so much work into your cards and it shows.. really beautiful card...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh Marg!! Super romantic card!!! love love and love....

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this Margy, but then again, I always love ALL your cards. So so beautiful. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such soft pretty colors and the design is so unique and lovely Marg! Your work is always so beautiful! xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly love the softness of this card! And the beautiful distressing as well...I love the look of the metal embellishment in white, have never done that...such a clean look to it! Keep well Margaret...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful card. The design the colours and all of it. So much time and effort and love goes into making them. They are truly works of art. You are amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is simply exquisite, Margy. So soft & pretty...and such beautiful layering & textures. Amazing work, once again! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW so exquisite!! Adore that metal embellishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, now how did I manage to miss this one..... Love it, such a clever design, love the musical notes going right across, a gorgeous summery make that makes one feel happy just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.