Wednesday 29 January 2014

A 'Boy' Card and a Challenge!!!

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog.
Hope you are all well and having a lovely day.  The weather is a bit warm here in Adelaide but I think we're going to have to get used to it as we are heading into another 40+ heatwave.  Yuck!!

Anyway, to my card.  A few days ago, Brenda Caldow (one of my FB friends ) invited me to 'like' Scrapbookit's FB page and in doing so she urged me to enter their Challenge.  Now, as most of you will know, I don't really Scrapbook.  I did create a page a little while ago, but that was with my Granddaughter so it was a special occasion.  Brenda assured me though that they will accept cards, so here goes. 
There is a list of different criteria, and you have to use any three in your project.  One of the criteria is to use Kaisercraft papers.   
I wanted to use some brighter colours on this card so I chose papers from four different Kaisercraft Collections.  'Check In', 'Basecoat', 'The Looking Glass' and 'Pickled Pear'.  I love how you can mix and match KC Papers and it all still blends together so nicely.
 The next criteria I chose was to 'ink' the edges.  Well that was a no brainer.  I usually do ink my edges anyway and more often than not I use Walnut Stain Distress Ink which is what I used here.  Wasn't as heavy handed with it this time because I didn't want the card to become too 'grungy'.  
 The third criteria I chose was to use layers of patterned paper which, again, I do quite a lot so that was no problem either.  As you can see there are three layers of different patterned paper on this card.
 All the labels used are from 'The Looking Glass' 6 x 6 Paper Pack.
 I think I'm getting addicted to Centre Step Cards as I've made quite a few now.  Will be posting more of them later.
 The inside is decorated quite simply.  It will get a bit more treatment when I'm ready to add the sentiment.
So there it is.  Another 'Boy' Card done and a Challenge entered.  A good day's work I reckon.   
  
If you'd like to take a look at Brenda Caldow's Blog you can find it HERE.  
If you'd like to  check out the Scrapbookit Challenge you can find it HERE.

Thank you so much for visiting my little blog and, hopefully, leaving me a little love.  Always appreciated.
Please take care and enjoy the rest of your day.
God Bless.
oxoxMarg


8 comments:

  1. fabulous, so striking and bold, great style x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg, We are not getting the heat like you are at the moment, there is a cyclone building up north and I think we must be getting the wind and overcast conditions from that as it has been ok temperature wise here the last few days.. I did see your temps on the weather on TV and I hope you are coping.. It is so draining and so dangerous too when that heat stays for several days.. I hope you get some cooler weather soon.. I always love your cards.. the step ones are amazing, I just do the plain ones!! Love all the layers and yes you seem to be able to use any Kaiser collection together and they go.. I have heaps of kaiser and seem to be using it a lot lately,, not to worry a new range is sure to be in the shops come the weekend with a new month!! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun challenge and your card looks fantastic! Love how you have combined the papers and put it all together, very clever!

    Here it's so freezing cold and nasty, it's almost funny to hear you complain about it being too hot.... Hope you have air con!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this step card Margy, love the colours you have chosen, the layers & the way you have decorated the inside too. Lovely as always. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to agree with you about the KC collections mixing & matching so well! These all look brilliant together, and one would never know they were from a few different collections! (except that you told us...lol). A great boys page Margy....love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun boy card. Love the fold of it... the stacked elements are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Card arrived right on his birthday, so good timing with Australia Post. Loved it, as usual.

    E.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.