Thursday 30 January 2014

More Positivity !!

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog.
I have been quite busy in my Craft Space lately  and I can actually post two days in a row.  Wow!!!  I even amaze myself sometimes.
So, I am back this time to show you the first double page in my Positivity Journal!!
If you haven't come across this before and would like to know more, check out Astrid Maclean's post HERE.
First of all I'd like to show the inside cover of my Journal.
 Not a lot going on here but I found the quote on the left hand side on the net and felt it was very appropriate for this project.  I simply wrote it on some scraps of paper and glued them in with a few leaves and small flowers.
The journaling on the right simply explains what this journal is all about.  I printed that from my computer and glued it to the page along with the die cut leaves.
I am not actually writing in this book every day but I am recording special days such as Scrapbooking with my Granddaughter.  When I look back at the end of the year I will be able to recall those special days more readily.  Not that I will forget about spending time with my Granddaughter but now I will actually know which day it was.  LOL

Here is my first double page spread. 
The stenciling was done using sequin waste and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink.  When dry it was randomly sprayed with watered down Broken China D.I. and flicked with Faded Jeans D.I.   
The cursive writing, the clocks and the 'Cherish' stamps are from KC and were done in Coffee Archival Ink.  The music stamp is from Prima and was done in Faded Jeans D.I.  For the circles I simply pressed some different sized lids onto the Coffee Archival Ink Pad and then onto the page.  I also gave the 'Cherish' stamp a little extra colour with some watercolour pencils.
The two tags at the back are a Prima tag and I think it's from their 'Engraver' Collection.  I simply cut it in half so it would fit into the pocket.  The tag at the front is one I made myself.  I am using these tags to record my 'Positive' days. 
The butterfly was cut from a separate sheet of paper and then coloured with Mustard Seed and Shabby Shutters DI.  It was then stamped on the left with a KC floral stamp and on the right with the Prima Bold Print stamp.  The floral stamp was coloured with Reeves Watercolour crayons.  I have to say I am really happy with how this butterfly turned out.
Once it was coloured I glued the butterfly to the page and then drew the trail and the antennae with a Sharpie.  I also went around the outside of it with watercolour pencils to blur the edges a little.
When I wrote the quote on this page my pen was running out so I had to go over it all again with another pen so it's a bit messier than I would have liked but I am still happy with it. 
I will leave you with the same words - 
LIVE every moment.  LAUGH every day.  LOVE beyond words.

Thank you so much for visiting.
Take care good people and God Bless.
oxox Marg


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow Margie this is a fantastic spread!! So many details to love and admire! Amazing background, wonderful looking pocket and tags and that butterfly is out of this world!! Great quote too. Also really like how you did the inside of the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW Wonderful Marg!!! Love the tags, the buterflies!!!!!! Loveeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. capital S for stunning, striking and sensational , loving that butterfly xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful positive thing to fill your thoughts with Marg, and as for how you create, that is totally up to you to be free and express yourself.. I look forward to seeing each page you do.. I love these pages, and back grounds and the quotes all are lovely and uplifting.. Good on you, have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous double page, Marg....and your background work is amazing & I love the idea of using the tags! Fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh why do pens always run out on a project - lol! this is fabulous Margaret. Am looking forward to watching it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just Gorgeous....a wonderful memory keeper....love your background details, the butterfly and tags and the journaling...truly inspirational....Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW.... just beautiful... love the buttie and the tags are amazing. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.