Sunday 12 January 2014

Positivity Journal

Hello everyone!!  So pleased you've come for a visit!!
Today I'd like to share a little Journal with you.  Those of you who visit Astrid Maclean's Blog will know all about this one.  At the end of last year Astrid posted about a Journal she was starting up and invited others to join in with her.  Each day you write down something positive that happened, such as someone who smiled at you, or opened a door for you or even seeing sunshine through the trees, just something nice that happened to you that day.  To keep a record of all these things, create a little Journal to keep them in.  If you'd like to see that post HERE is the link.
I thought this was such a lovely idea that I just had to join in, so I created this Journal just for that purpose.
As luck would have it, my DDIL Kerry-Jean Watson had just learned how to make books using Coptic Stitching so I asked her to teach me and that's how I put this little book together.  I don't think Kerry-Jean actually did a post on the books she's made yet but if you'd like to have a look at her blog you can find it HERE. What I really love about this method is the fact that the pages sit really flat ...
which makes them so much easier to decorate.  The papers I've used are ones that have been in my stash for a long, long time and they are quite thick and sturdy so hopefully I won't have too much trouble with them when I ink and spray.
Here is the back of the book.  All I've done here is inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink ...
... and here is the front.  It was actually covered in the same paper as the back and then I used a separate plain sheet of paper to decorate it.
 To colour the background I used Distress Ink in Fired Brick, Mustard Seed and Walnut Stain.  Simply pressed each of them fairly close together onto my non-stick mat and then swiped the paper through it.  For texture I used the Cracked Paint Stencil by Scrapbookingncraft with my homemade texture paste and also did some stamping with a text stamp by Prima.
The die cut is Memory Box's Honey Blossom Sprig which I cut in two and glued to separate corners. 
I wrote the Title on some tissue paper with a Sharpie pen and then simply glued it onto the cover.  It doesn't blend in quite as nicely as I would have liked but I am fairly happy with it anyway.
The Butterfly die cut is Memory Box's Vivienne Butterfly.  I mounted it on some tissue paper, trimmed around it and then simply glued it onto the cover sheet.
 Here is the other half of the Honey Blossom Sprig die cut.
I did a bit of shading around the die cuts, etc. and also a little bit of edging in gold acrylic paint
and that's it.  My Journal is ready to go.
If any of you are interested, please visit Astrid's Blog for the full details and let her know that you wish to join in.  There is a logo that you can get as well.  You can see it on my side bar, this shows everyone that you are a part of this project.  I am really enjoying this, it is a lot of fun and a great reminder that good things happen even on bad days.

Thank you so much for visiting and I do hope you will take part in this Positivity Project, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I am.

Please take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg


11 comments:

  1. Totally blooming gorgeous & you made the book too!! Will deffo check out that link!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marg. What a wonderful start to the new year with a Positivity Journal. Love the cover and doesn't the fired brick red look great. I will have a look at the link. Here's to many happy things to enter in your beautiful journal!! Thanks for sharing. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea Margaret and the book looks wonderful. Especially like the tissue paper under the butterfly and the way the colours all blend so beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazing!! Love the concept (wish I had time to join in on something like this!), the colours, textures, all your die cutting & stamping....just love it all!! And I have to ask...home made texture paste??? I have not heard of this before - will have to check it out :) Beautiful work once again, Marg!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Margy this looks absolutely amazing!! And how clever you made the whole little book yourself!! I totally love the colours you used, they look so warm and positive just by themselves, and I love the butterfly and the delicate flower die cuts. The whole thing just looks wonderful! You have just inspired me to make a start on my cover, which at the moment is still just plain black as I have only worked on the inside....

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Margy, this is absolutely gorgeous. Love these colourings, so rich and opulent. You have done an awesome job. Love it. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret this is such a wonderful idea...love the hand made book and all the work done on the cover! Know it will soon be filled with many beautiful images and hopefully positive journals...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a neat and delightful idea! Love how the book turned out with that pretty butterfly on the cover. Great tip about the tissuepaper as well. Well done on making the book too!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margy this is fab! And what a great idea! I wonder what positive things lie ahead that will be recorded in this book?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous idea and what a gorgeous journal to record your positive thoughts!! Just stunning! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a neat idea! I love your journal too....so beautiful! Love the earthy and grounded colours, which is just perfect for this journal! Blessings to you everyday, as you write and enjoy it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.