Saturday 4 January 2014

Art Journal - 'Bubbles'

Hi everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog!!
I have been procrastinating over this post all day, trying to make up my mind as to what to share with you.  I have a few projects on the go at the moment and couldn't decide as to which one to do first but, finally, the decision has been made. 
I would like to share another Art Journal page.
 I've called it 'Bubbles' for obvious reasons but haven't yet found a quote to put on it.  Not even sure if I want one for this page.  I just enjoyed the process and am not really fussed about any words for it but, you never know, I may come across something someday that will fit.
 The background was created by putting  different Distress Inks on my non-stick mat and then just placing the page on the top.  This seems to be the best process for me.  I have tried so many times coating the page with gesso and then using sprays for the colour but it just never works, so I think Distress Inks are going to be my 'thing' as far as my Journal pages are concerned anyway.  The colours I used are Fired Brick, Mustard Seed and Walnut Stain.
 The large circles or 'bubbles' were stamped with BoBunny's Stained Texture stamps on a separate piece of paper the smaller ones were hand drawn.  They were then cut out and coloured and then glued onto the page and edged with a black and a white pen.  The smaller ones were also stamped with another BoBunny Texture Stamp.  I also place some washi tape in two of the corners.
 Used TCW's 'Mini Grandma's Doily' template in opposite corners and went around some of the edges of the design with a white gel pen.  Did some stamping with Kaisercraft's Crackle stamp and used TCW's Mini Circle Explosion template as well.  The floral stamp around the edge is also from Kaisercraft but I don't know the name of it. 

 And that's about it!!  A fairly simple page although it did take a while to do, mainly because I'm never sure which direction these pages of mine are going to go.  As I said at the beginning, I procrastinate, in all manner of ways (sigh).  

Thank you so much for visiting.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg


9 comments:

  1. I love this page Margaret - the colours and all the elements you've used come together since beautifully - it is such a "warm" page....makes me want to curl up with a cup of tea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marg....so glad you chose this piece to share with every-one. I am loving the bubbles. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sighing and drooling here Margy .... loving the grunge and richness of this one x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Margie, STUNNING! Love everything about this page, texture, colours, those wonderful stencils you used, really fabulous! Love the white pen highlights too, they add so much interest! This page looks so cool, also without a quote I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marg I love this art journal page and I'm glad you decided to share it. Beautiful creativity - and I'm loving the touch of white pen - it really lifts the whole page. Gorgeous work

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I agree with you on the distress stain.They seem to give me the effect that I want. I love the cogs with the white too great effect. I think I need to get back into art journalling and play a little. Wonderful page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your art journal - AWESOME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive page Marg, and the end result looks amazing.. I am sure it is the process that is the most fun with these art pages! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How spectacular! You know we accept double art-journal spreads at SATW - you should enter :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.