Sunday 26 January 2014

Feeling Blue ... but in a very Happy Way!!!

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.  So happy that you popped in for a visit!!  
I'd like to wish all my Aussie peeps a very happy Australia Day!!  Hope you all had a great time.
We had a lovely day here.  Hubby and I went over to a friend's house for a BBQ and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!!  

Today I have another card to share and the reason I added the 'Happy' to my title is that this card is made with product from two prize wins!!!  The first, of course, being the gorgeous Pion Design papers which I've had for a while now, and the other is the prize I won from Scrapmatts through Helen Tilsbury's Blog Hop a while ago.  I actually received these chippies as I was making this card so they came in very handy.  A big THANK YOU to both Helen and Scrapmatts for my amazing Blog Hop win!!!!
You can find Helen's Blog HERE and Scrapmatts HERE.

Now, I should have been making more masculine cards but felt the need to do something 'pretty' so I made another feminine one, with flowers, of course.    
Here 'tis.
As stated before, the papers are from Pion Design.  I have thoroughly enjoyed creating with these.  The patterns are very subtle but oh so pretty!!  Unfortunately it doesn't really show up very well on these photos.
I love the ripped paper look, so went for that again here.  Distressed the edges but, as I didn't want them to look aged, I didn't bother to ink them.  I just crumpled them up a bit and did some doodling  around the edges with a white gel pen. 
 I used a scoreboard to create the lines on the base paper to give it that corrugated look as a bit of added interest and then cut a doily in half and inserted that between the two layers of DP.
The flowers are a mix of Prima, Kaisercraft and Ribtex and the leaves were cut on my Silhouette.   There are also some Magnolia Ink gem strays tucked in between.  Placed some gauze underneath the cluster as well, it just softens the outline a bit ...
... and here is part of my prize from Scrapmatts!!  The gorgeous Happy Birthday chippie!!!  I simply coloured it a little with some Versa Magic 'Cloud White'.  The blue ribbon is from my stash.



 Here is a better look at those gem sprays.
So, there we are.  A feminine card 'happily' made with two fantastic give-aways from two totally amazing Companies.   Thank you again to Pion Design and Scrapmatts and also, of course, to Helen Tilsbury.  You made my day guys ... Thank you all ... you are amazing!!!

And thank you too, my lovely visitors for dropping in and letting me share this with you.
Please do take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

5 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous cards with those wonderful papers! Love how you tucked the doily behind the top layer and the way you created those scorelines on the base paper is so clever, never seen that before, but a great idea for sure! The fower spray is gorgeous too, a wonderful card altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on FB and fell in love immediately! It's so pretty!
    Big congrats on your wins too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly beautiful card Margy, love all your details. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you do know blue is my favourite color!! This card is so pretty and those flowers are so elegant, and well done on your wins.. and today was a good day, a bit cooler.. Tomorrow I start back taking DD to school.. and I am sure the days will just keep flying by!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Australian day Margy... A bbq sounds like a perfect way to celebrate it too...
    Another glorious creation from you. So much love and work goes into your cards how do you bear to part with them. I love the soft colours on this one.... just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.