Friday 3 January 2014

A Simply Masculine Card

Hello everyone!!  Hope you have all recovered from the New Year Celebrations!!!  
We just had a quiet night at home.  Sounds very boring doesn't it, but it was nice actually.  Hubby and I  just watched a movie and had a couple of drinks together.  He actually went to bed early but I stayed up till after midnight as I usually do.  Luckily this year we didn't have anyone letting off fireworks near us  so our dogs weren't scared out of their wits and that was a big relief.
Anyhow, I'm here of course to share another card with you.  I have got a few other projects to share as well but they will be for another day.  This time it's a masculine card.
It's a fairly simple one but I like it which is a good thing I guess seeing as how I'm the one who  made it. 
Anyway ... on with the show!!!
 As I said it is fairly simple.  I trimmed a bit of cardboard to size and then tore off one side of the paper to expose the corrugation underneath and used that as my base paper.  Really like how that looks gives it a bit of a grunge feel.  I then wound some twine around one end for a bit of interest.
 The clock is from a sheet which is available at Meg's Garden called Old World Time.  There are some fabulous clock images on these sheets, this is only one of them.
The papers I've used here are actually some leftover Christmas papers also from Meg's Garden.  I simply tore the paper to the size I wanted leaving the edges raw and then  just curled the corners.   The small chippie is from Scrapbookncraft.  It is actually a corner piece which I cut in half and placed on opposite sides of the card.  The two pieces were coloured with Versa Color 'Lapislazuli' and Kaisercraft 'Red Gum' and then I swiped them lightly with Versa Color 'Silver'.
The light bulb is from Prima and the label plate might also be from them but I am really not sure.  I cut the packaging apart and didn't take note of the manufacturer.  I've really go to stop doing that, but I get enthusiastic about using the product and forget to take note of who made it.  
Lined the inside with a couple of strips of Kaisercraft paper which was edged with Martha Stewart's Optic Dot Border Punch.  
I've had a few questions about how I write the sentiment when I decorate the inside of my cards like this.  What I usually do is print out a sentiment on my computer, use a die (in this case the Victorian Square from Couture Creations) to cut it out and then simply sign it.  
This one is just to demonstrate so, of course, there is no actual sentiment.  I haven't yet decided who this card is for so I won't print out anything until I've made up my mind.   

And there it is.  A reasonably simple card which didn't take too long to make but, for all that, I really do like it.

I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and hope it brings you everything you wish for.
Thank you so much for visiting and, hopefully, leaving me a little comment, I really do appreciate it.
Please take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg


10 comments:

  1. Very nice! Like the grungy feel, texture and clock element!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Margie! Love the texture of the corrugated card and the string really does add interest, cool idea. Love how you have finished it and you are always so good at doing the inside of cards too, - I should learn from you! The clock image looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant piece Marg. Love the rustic feel.Happy New Year to you. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the grungy male look. For some reason most of us seem to struggle with masculine cards, so it is always great to have new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have trouble with masculine themed projects, but I'm loving what you've done with this card - great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful work!!!! Happy 2014!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New year Margaret.
    Love the grungy look, the layers and elements....Beautiful !! x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Marg you may say it is simple, but to me it is not simple.. love the layers and the blokey feel to it.. love how you do the insides too.. and I also sat up and watching the fireworks on TV while hubby and DD went to bed.. So that was my New Years!!hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've made this masculine card full of texture and interest. Specially like the string and the corrugated board teamed with the metal. Happy New Year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the corrugated card with the twine it looks so nice. A beautiful manly card. Gorgeous strong colours and lots of layers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.