Friday 27 September 2013

Working from a Sketch

Hello everybody, welcome to my blog.
I'd like to share a card with you which was created by following a sketch.

This is the sketch I followed.    
I found this sketch, along with a few others, years ago when I first started making my own cards but have never actually used any of them.   I thought it was about time to dust off the cobwebs and give it a go.


The papers used are Kaisercraft's Curiosity.  I have distressed all the edges but this time have not used any inking except just a little on the leaves.  Matted the strips onto some white cardstock and sewed around the edges.  
 The white cardstock frame which I've used instead of the geometric shape was created with Marianne Creatables Frame & Swirls Die.  I cut out a second frame in the Curiosity paper and trimmed off the swirly bits for the little mat in the centre.

 The large  rose is from Prima and the smaller ones are Kaisercraft.  The leaves were cut with my Silhouette Portrait and I've also added a couple of patches of small beads for a little bit of shine.  The little spray of white berries came from my stash.
Here is a close-up showing the beads.

 Decorated the inside with pale green dp.  I've had this paper for quite  a while and have no idea where it came from.  I doodled around the edges with a white gel pen and faintly stamped a butterfly swirl top and bottom.  Unfortunately it doesn't really show too well in the photo.



 Not so many layers on this card but I am pleased with the result anyway.  Would love to know what you think.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend.
Thank you so much for visiting.
Please take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg


9 comments:

  1. Lovely and feminine card! Love the way you have adapted the sketch, so much nicer that the geometric shape on the original! Love the idea of following a sketch also, never do that and I really should..... Great use of the lovely Marianne die too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, the colours with the cluster of flowers is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful Margy love the colour combo too - you are such an artist at cards - lindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card! Love the design, lovely colors, and perfect cluster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Astrid - your card is way better than the sketch! It's completely stunning as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I think this is so pretty and you have put a lot of thought and work into this card, it is a mini masterpiece that is for sure.. really beautiful.. and I love sketches, the end result may not look like the sketch but it is a good way to just start a new project!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely brilliant!!!!! I love it and it is my new favourite!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! Just the right amount of layers for me!! Too many and it all gets too bulky...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.