Thursday 19 September 2013

Challenge ... Black with 2

Hi everybody and a warm welcome to my blog.  
I have another card to share and this one I am entering into the Challenge at Black with 2.  

Here is the colour pallete for this month's challenge.  You can choose any combination that you like or all of them if you want to.  I've chosen orange and green.  The papers I've used are not quite the right shades but, hopefully,  it will still meet the criteria.
CURRENT CHALLENGE 
 The papers used are from Kaisercraft's Curiosity and also a small piece from Periwinkle.   There are quite a few layers again, I think I am now addicted to lots of layers ... it adds so much to the over-all look of the card and I love it.  The die-cut below is Memory Box's Honey Blossom Sprig Die.  I've added a little more interest with a little doodling and cut a small piece off it to place on the other side of the frame.
 The chipboard frame is from Little Birdie.  I've coloured it with Versa Color Charcoal and Kaisercraft Sweet Potato stamp pads It's been coated with Mod Podge which gives it a light sheen.  The image inside the frame is a label from Kaisercraft Curiosity.  The die cut behind the frame is Die-namics Duo Doily Die.
 
 Did quite a bit of machine stitching on this card as you can see, and all the papers were distressed with Prima's Distress Tool and edged with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

The gorgeous flower is from Prima.    
 I've used some paper from my stash to decorate the inside and glued a small strip of the Curiosity DP on the edge for contrast. I've stamped an image in the top corner but I'm not sure where the stamp came from.  I've had it for quite some time and unfortunately hadn't taken note of it's origin.



So, now I'm off to enter this into the challenge.

If you wish to join in with this Challenge the link for Black with Two is HERE

Thank you so much for visiting.  I do hope the weather is nicer where you are because, at the moment, it is pouring here in Adelaide and the day has become quite dismal.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

13 comments:

  1. Another stunner Margie, LOVE your multi layered cards and the stitching and doodling gives them that extra special touch! Great colours on this one too! Never heard of Little Birdie, must check them out as I love that little frame. Gorgeous card all round!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh a super woderful card!!! love the flower....
    Kiss from Spain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is really lovely! You are creating such wonderful cards with lots of layers and beautiful features.. and thanks for the reminder about B with 2, I was wondering about all the colors whether we had to use all the colors or what to do..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope - the weather's no better here! This card is absolutely stunning! You're by far the best cardmaker I know. You continually amaze me with what you create. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful take on our challenge thanks for playing at BW2

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous - love how you've really made it your "own". Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margie this is just beautiful. I love this card and I crown you Queen of Cards. Love this.. I need to find that die.. I love it.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Bw2 :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just too gorgeous Margaret. Loving all the layers, and the frame, and the stitching... So much going on! Thanks for joining us at BW2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my - this card is gorgeous - thank you for joining in BW2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an elegant card, its so beautiful Marg. Love the frame, and flowers within .... exquisite. Still getting our wild horrible weather ..... poor SA.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, thanks for playing along at black with two :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.