Saturday 14 September 2013

Craft Caddy ... Completed !

Hello everyone, so pleased you stopped by for a visit.
I'm back to show you my finished Craft Caddy.
I should have actually posted this a couple of days ago but life has been a bit hectic lately and I haven't had the chance to do it till now.  Everyone's in bed and I have some quiet time to myself.  Yayyy!!! 
The papers I've used are Graphic 45's French Country and all the edges were inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The decorative edges were made using Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Border Punch.
The papers were glued on with Gel Medium and then were coated with Modge Podge for protection.  I didn't add much in the way of embellishments because  this Caddy will get used a lot and I'm afraid anything too much would just get damaged ... also I feel the papers are gorgeous enough to stand on their own anyway.
Here is a view of the inside of the Caddy.
On the sides I added a chippie label from the same collection, fussy cut some of the sunflowers from the paper and glued them on top.
 I cut the sunflowers and a few of the leaves twice and glued them on top of each other for more dimension.

 The other side was decorated in the same manner. 
  The word 'create' on the front of the box was made using the Scrabble page from Kaisercraft's Timeless Classics.   I fussy cut the letters, glued them onto some pasteboard for extra height and then mounted them onto some black cardstock  so they would stand out from the backgraound.
 The chippie frame is from Little Birdie which I coloured with Versa Color Burgundy and then coated with Glossy Accents.  The chippie tag and the label are both from the French Country Collection and the gorgeous red flower is from Prima.
Here you can see the back of the box ...
... and here it is with all my most used tools inside.
I'm sure everyone will recognise that the metal feet are from Tim Holtz.  They were a last minute addition  and I was amazed what a difference they made to the look of the Caddy.
I've been using it for the last couple of days and I must say I love it!!  

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this little journey with me in making this Craft Caddy.  I certainly had fun putting the tutorial together (my previous post) and  making the box and I hope that, for at least some of you, it has been informative and a little bit of an inspiration.
Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you enjoy what's left of your day.
Take care and God Bless. 
oxox Marg

11 comments:

  1. Marg thanks for taking the time to show us your amazing creation, it's just lovely, I'd love to have it on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marg this storage unit is so clever! I love how you have come up with this, and decorated it so beautifully. Your paper choice is delightful - always love Graphic 45, and the sheen of the Mod Podge tends to bring out the paper colours. A brilliant idea to use Mod Podge, and something I will use now too... as it would certainly extend the life of papers we use in storage units. The Tim Holtz decorative feet, are perfect!!! You are so clever....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever Marg, this caddy is so gorgeous and so functional as well, I saw the plans of it in the post before this one and to put it all together and decorate it so beautifully is amazing.. well done.. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolutely stunning project Marg - you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Gorgeous Marg what a master piece, and the enjoyment you will get from using this. You are so clever! I love the black lace doily around the edge. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! What an amazing transformation. This is stunning!!~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fabulous... I love it. The papers are wonderful for it. You are so clever...:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this, what a talent you have! Is there a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi gramcheryl! Thank you for your sweet comment, I am so pleased you like it. Yes, there is a tutorial. If you go to the top of my blog you will see there is a tab labelled Step by Step. Click on that and then you'll need to scroll down the list to find the tutorial you are looking for. If you do make one for yourself I would love to see it!!

      Delete
  9. Hi I stumbled on this while exploring your blog. It is gorgeous. Thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful. You are so creative..l need to get to work. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.