Sunday 29 September 2013

Another page for my Art Journal

Hi everyone!!!  Lovely to welcome you here and hope you are having a wonderful day.
I have another page from my Art Journal to share with you.  I have to admit this has taken me quite a while to put together.  I've worked on this between doing other projects so it's been lying around on my craft desk for a few weeks.

For the background I inked the paper with Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Faded Jeans and Walnut Stain.
The stamping was done with Versafine Vintage Sepia.  The stamps used are Kaisercraft's Arty and Bubble Background  and also a script stamp from Prima.  I added a couple of strips of washi tape and then added a little texture with TCW's Mini Tile Texture Template.
The butterflies  were cut from cardstock with the Memory Box Darla Butterfly Die.  I then coloured them with the same Distress Inks and stamped them with  the Prima script on one side and a small Hot off the Press stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black.  An idea I found on Astrid Maclean's Blog.  You can find her blog  HERE. I also coloured the image on the butterflies lightly with Reeves Water Solluble Wax Pastels.  The trails were done with the wax pastels too and the white dots were done with a gel pen.  This was an idea I found on an Art Journal Tutorial by Gabrielle Polacco.  You can find her blog HERE.

I went around the butterflies with the Reeves pastels in white so they would stand out a bit more and also did a bit of doodling around the edges but, unfortunately the pens I have wouldn't work too well over the wax so I couldn't finish.
 For the circles I simply used the cap of my Scotch Glue tube as a stamp.   I dipped it in Walnut Stain Distress Ink and then again in Gesso.  The hearts were drawn with the Reeves Pastels.

A couple more close-ups ...


 and Voila!!  It's done.  Actually, it's not quite done.  If and when I find a decent pen I will finish the doodling and I may also add a quote but I'm not sure about that.  I kinda like it as it is.

Thank you so much for visiting and I would be really pleased if you could leave me a few words to let me know what you think.    That would be lovely.
Please take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg
 
 

9 comments:

  1. OH wow Marg, this is just gorgeous...I love it....so much to look at and such detail!! TFS {{hugs}} Kimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Marg, just saw this on FB, LOVE it!!!! I had to run over here straight away So, so cool, the background is totally amazing and to be honest I like your butterflies way better than mine!! I am totally inspired now, I need to find more time for journaling...... This is over the top gorgeous and I really mean that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Margaret, so many stunning details. Love it. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Marg, this is a lovely piece. I think I might start a journal....what a great idea!! There's not a thing on it I would change. It's perfect. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing Marg! I love it the way it is, however I am sure if you find a quote it will be inspirational as well.. and isnt it good to get such wonderful tips from talented scrappers.. I love Gabrielle's blog, one of my fav places to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marg This is AMAZING. I love it. Just completely blow away by it.... wow wow wow ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh lots of delicious textures and layersMarg. Looooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZERS!!! this is SENSATIONAL Marg..... loving those butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous! I'm so sorry I missed it!! Just trying to clean up my phone and have so many outstanding e mails! So glad I got to fully absorb this one. Gabi is fantastically inspirational and a beautiful and gracious person too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.