Monday 2 September 2013

My Art Journal

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog.
I have an Art Journal page to share with you today.  Actually, this is my very first Art Journal page so  I must admit it's fairly simple but hopefully, as I get a bit more experienced at it, they will get better.
The background was created by just pressing a Distress Ink Pad in Faded Jeans onto my non-stick craft mat and then spraying with water and pressing the page onto that.
 
 I didn't realize at the time that there was also some Walnut Stain left on the mat so, of course, that also ended up on the page.  I really loved how it looked so I knew I had to do something with it.  Well, it sat on the edge of my craft desk for weeks because I had no idea how I was going to decorate it.  Until one day, I was looking through the few rolls of Washi Tape that I have and came across the birds and the music.  So a couple of strips of each went onto the page ...

 and then it sat for another week at least.  
The next step was the texture which was done with TCW's Mini Grandma's Doily in the bottom left corner and along the right side.
 Then came the sprays ... Sugar Plum Fairy Glimmer Mist and two I made up myself from some Distress Ink mixed with water.  One was Walnut Stain and the other was Mustard Seed.  It turned out a bit dark so I dry brushed over it with a bit of Gesso.   
Stamped the tea cup ring using a BoBunny texture stamp and found some Kaisercraft labels which were placed down the right hand side ...


and then the quote.  This is one I've used before but I thought it was fitting because I'm sort of spreading my wings out into the world of Art Journalling!!  I think??  Anyway, printed the quote onto some plain paper, cut out the strips and inked the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink.

The bottom left corner looked a bit empty so I filled it with a couple of white Prima flowers.   Used Tea Dye Distress Ink on the flowers and around the edge of the page as well.

So, there it is ... my first Art Journal page but, hopefully, not my last.  Hope you like it.
Thank you so much for visiting I really do appreciate you stopping by. 
Hope you enjoy the rest of your day and I would be so pleased if you left me a little comment.  Thank you.
Take care and God bless.
oxox Marg

 

13 comments:

  1. fabulous art journal page, love the colours you have used :) love to see more pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page looks wonderful, and the back ground looks fabulous so soft.. love the washi too.. well done.. I look forward to seeing what else you create in your art journal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't believe this is your first art journal page! I'm impressed cos I've never even attempted one! Do you realise that you're going to have to make a scrapbook page one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might just have encouraged me to start trying my hand at art journals as well!!! It looks so soft and not as intimidating than the 'big' girls's look like! Well done Margaret...loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new work!!! Congratulations!!
    Spanish kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful art journal!!! This is so cool!!!! Your work is always of such a high standard! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally gorgeous, Marg....you would never guess that this is your first attempt at a journal page! I really love all the elements you've used here....especially that washi tape!! At first I thought it was a stamp! Thinking I need to get myself some of that...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your art journal page is amazing. I love the colours and the washi tapes are a perfect addition... love that quote and here is hoping that you don't stop now. Just gorgeous Marg...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is just amazing. I love your colors and texture, and the sentiment is such an encouraging one that fits so perfectly with the sweet bird images! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you are starting an art journal!!! This is so pretty, I just love the background you created with the Distress Inks. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Marg just totally beautiful!! So pleased to see you dabbling in the journal world ...you'll be soon addicted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this first journal page Margie and I just know you are just going to love journaling to. The elements you have added look so wonderful and you have added a fantastic sentiment (or journaling rather I suppose). The background is so soft and beautiful too and I love those delicate colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This Journal art is exquisite.... Totally love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.