Tuesday 17 September 2013

Lots of Layers

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog.
Just a quick post this time I think ... I have a card to share with you today.  It's very similar to one I made not long ago but there are a few differences.
 The papers I've used are from Kaisercraft's These Day and I've done a little doodling around the edges.  It saved me getting out the sewing machine although I think proper stitching would have looked better.  Never mind ... next time perhaps. 
Used lots of diecuts for the layers.  Although they are not easy to see I've used Marrianne Creatables Frame & Swirls and Swedish Snowflakes, Couture Creations Victorian Square and Dienamics Duo Doily Die.  I've torn one corner from the top paper mat, glued the torn off piece straight to the cardstock and then curled the corner of the base paper mat to reveal the piece torn off before.  Does that make sense??  Hopefully the photo below  gives you a better idea of what I mean.  
 All the edges were distressed and then inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The rolled corner was inked with Versa Color Bronze.  The flower is from Prima and I've lightly painted it with some Gesso.  The leaves were cut with my Silhouette and I've incorporated a small piece of gauze in amongst the layers.
 The wooden flourish at the base of the cluster is Kaisercraft's Fancy Border which was left raw. 
I decorated the inside with a few Kaisercraft Stamps and printed the sentiment with Word Art.


 You can see the layers a bit better here.

I have entered this card in Challenge  #29 at  Challenges 4 Everybody
 
That's it folks, hope you like it!!
Thank you so much for visiting and I would really love it if you could leave a little comment to let me know what you thought.  
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg
 
  

8 comments:

  1. Lovely Margaret, I really like the added texture of the gauze and I can see your frames, they look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Margie, I love these types of grungy layered cards, such fantastic use of all these diecuts and I love that flower in the centre, adds so much dimension! The inside with those Kaisercrafts stamps looks fab too! The idea to use the torn off bit tucked under another layer is so cool, I just know I will case that one day lol, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards Margie, they are a gift in themselves made with so much love and care.. love all the layers, you use your dies so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing shabby card inside and out!! I love the doodled edges!! Thanks for your warm congratulations on my making the Helmar DT! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your doodles, beautiful card Marg and the dies you used look so pretty layered like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margie this is such a beautiful card... very Heather Jacobs... and you do it sooooo well. I love all the layers and the colours. The inside is so beautiful too. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Marg and extra special on the inside too. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.