Monday 2 November 2020

A Manly Card

 Hello my friends and Welcome!  

So pleased you made the time to stop by.  

Gosh, it seems like an age since I last posted so, this is just a quickie post to share another of my manly cards with you.   This one was made a few months ago for my brother's birthday.      

Still using the same basic design as the cards I have been sharing recently.  Just different papers and different bits and pieces in the collage.  Works for me as I still like the results so I see no reason as yet to change.

Strips of washi tape down the length of the card and I added the waste cardstock left from punching out a few circles.

In the collage you'll find book paper, a bubble diecut, piece of chipboard, as well as die cut and wooden cogs.

The birthday greeting is a chippie by Scrapmats.

Just a little heads up.  Normally, I would have shared a Crafty Cardmaker project with you last Monday but, as the Theme is Halloween. which is really not my thing,  I hadn't created anything for it.   Sadly, it is the last Challenge for CCM.  Due to ill health, the owner Lin, has decided to close it down.  There was an oportunity for someone else to take over but it was not to be.  So, the Halloween Challenge will be the last.  I have so enjoyed being part of this fabulous Team and I will miss it immensely.  My best wishes to Lin and all of the ladies on the DT.

Thank you so much for stopping by and do enjoy the rest of your day.

Take care, stay safe and God Bless.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Margy! Happy November! It is crazy to think how fast this year is going.. it has been slow and fast at the same time.. I love your cards and they always work really well.. I love the layering on this card, the elements are interesting and very suitable for a blokey card.. great colors too.. and it is always sad when a challenge site closes, although I dont seem to get the time of late to join in with many, challenges are always a great starting point for my creative time.. Life can get so busy, and some seasons are busier then others.. Have a good week ahead Margy and I hope you are keeping well.. We have had some beautiful rain up this way, and the landscaape changed color overnight from brown to green.. so nice!! bye for now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margy - lovely to see one of your masculine cards here; always so inspiring. I don't see any reason to deviate from a style which works perfectly. None of your cards look the same, not do they seem mass produced. Rather, they seem original and unique in every way. Sorry to hear the challenge site is closing down and I hope you can find another place to join in and share your creativity. Take care, keep safe. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome Margy, love the interesting layers....xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always, always love your male cards and this one is no exception, it is beautiful!

    I am so sorry to hear about CCM closing down and that the owner is suffering from poor health. I think it is always so sad when challenges close.

    We are about to go into another national lockdown here - all I can say is thank goodness for crafting. Keep safe and well. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello to you Marg~ I love all the great layers in your creation here! Beautifully done. Your masculine cards are an inspiration to us all. I am not in Blogland much, but when I am I'm always so glad to stop in and see how you are; : ) Creative as ever dear Margy! Loving hugs to you~ karen o

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.