Monday 30 November 2020

A Wildflower Anniversary

 Hello everyone.  A very warm welcome to you.

Back again with another quick post to share some more of the cards that have been sitting patiently waiting to be shown.  I had planned to do at least one of these each week but, once again, am lagging a bit behind.  Will just have to keep trying!

As the title pointed out, I'm sharing an Anniversary card this time.  Still have a lot of those manly cards waiting but, for a bit of relief from those, I'm sharing this card instead.

A few close-ups first.

Papers by Kaisercraft .. again.  Their 6.5 x 6.5 pads are the perfect size for card making.  I love them ..  and they are really pretty as well.

This was made for my oldest son and his dear wife.  They celebrated their 27th Anniversary a little while ago.   Cut the first wildflower from the dp itself and then cut another from a contrasting piece of cardstock.  Layered the contrasting flower into the gap in the papers and then placed the original on top.
I added the white branches for another bit of contrast.  The greeting was computer generated and layered onto pale blue cardstock.
The flower centers were gold foiled.  Didn't turn out quite as nice as I would have liked but, I guess it could have been worse.  I also added some gold foiling on the card itself although it doesn't show up too well on the photo.
Again, a very simple card but, I'm happy to say, they loved it.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  It's really nice to know you've come to take a peek and thank you too for the sweet comments ..  I so enjoy reading your lovely words.
 
Take care, stay safe and God Bless.

6 comments:

  1. HI Marg! How are you? I hope your week has started well.. we are having a heat wave up here, and tomorrow is expected to be a scorcher!! Thank goodness we have air con! I love your card, those flower dies are lovely and the two of them together just represents the couple you are celebrating! A beautiful card once again.. I hope the rest of this week goes really well... and oh.. Happy December for tomorrow too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Margaret! Love the choice of color palette and such simple elegance!
    Take care!
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly do not think there is anything simple about your cards, you co-ordinate beautifully, always choose the most delightful papers and your designs are always superb. I absolutely love this gorgeous card!

    I hope things are still improving in your part of the world. It is same old, same old here, still in lockdown but we are staying hunkered down until the new vaccine is available (which thank goodness is soon). Stay safe and well. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and gorgeous card. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margy, gorgeous card. You say simple but they are the hardest to compose and you know just where to lay all the details which gives this a perfect finish. Have a lovely week my friend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.