Tuesday 17 November 2020

Manly Birthdays

 Hi everyone.  Thank you for stopping by.  

Another quick post to share more of my 'manly' cards with you.  I still have quite a few that I haven't shown so, here are a couple more.

The papers are by Kaisercraft.

First I added some strips of washi tape and then laid down some texture paste using a spatula and a stencil.
Gathered some pieces of ephemera and cut some dies to make a little collage as a focal point.  I found the quote circles in an older paper pad by Kaisercraft, and was lucky enough to also find the little wood camera that fitted in so well with the words.

Card no. 2 was made exactly the same as No. 1.
Different dies and different ephemera but same overall design.
Added a touch of colour to this collage .. just because.
The greetings are chippies made by Scrapmatts.
Here's both cards, side by side.  As you can see, not much difference between them.
I do like the way they turned out though.   I gave these to a friend of mine.  She makes cakes for me and I make cards for her.  Somehow, I think I have the better end of the deal.  LOL!!

Thank you so much for coming to take a peek and thanks to those who leave me a little comment.  I really enjoy reading your lovely words and to know that you stopped by. 
 
Take care, stay safe and God Bless.
 

8 comments:

  1. Fabulously designed project, as always you inspire.
    We are ready to move to Adelaide but now will the Covid stop us?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly gorgeous cards Margaret! Your work is so inspiring.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marg.. I do hope you are ok and will stay safe in this round of covid lockdown and I trust it will quickly be over.. Thinking of you at this time.. Your man cards are fabulous.. I love the colors and the clusters of embellishments look amazing. a hint of texture and there you have it.. two wonderful blokey cards. and I would swap cards for cakes any day too!! Keep well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret, another great masculine card which you do so well. Sending hugs my friend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are perfect, you always do layers so well and I love the quotes and the little camera was such a great find. Cakes do sound lovely but I am sure your friend understands it is not always quick and simple to put such beautiful cards together. Hope you are staying safe and well as this dreadful C-19 seems to be on the rise again... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful cards Margaret, I love the colours and details and a really nice masculine feel, fabulous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your cards! Very attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these - so brilliant in their composition as always and really elegant. As I think I've said before - I'd be just as happy to receive these as anything conventionally "feminine"!

    Thank you so much for your lovely comments - as you might imagine I haven't had much time for anything outside of sorting and packing (moving day is Monday and I fly on Tuesday) - and what little time I've had I've been trying to be creative rather than sit at the computer. But sooner or later things will settle down, and I look forward to re-connecting with Craftyblogland when that happens! Have a lovely weekend.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.