Monday 9 November 2020

A Shabby Chic Birthday

 Hi everyone, and welcome!  

Hope you are all keeping safe and well and happy.

I wanted to share another of my cards with you.  Created this one a while ago for my DIL's 50th birthday.   Because of the restrictions, she couldn't have the party she wanted but we were able to go out and have a lovely meal to celebrate.   

I'll show a few close-ups first.

The papers are by Kaisercraft and, in the cluster, you'll find flowers (of course) some different die cuts, a piece of gauze, a bit of lace and a lovely little heart flair.
I had thought about colouring this bit of trailing foliage but am so glad I left it plain white.
Used thickers for the number.
A different angle on the cluster so you can see the lace.  I made a double bow of seam binding and narrow ribbon and tucked that in at the side.
Quite pleased with the result and, more importantly, she loved it!!
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments.  Very much appreciated.
Take care, stay safe and God Bless.
 


7 comments:

  1. Oh this year has stopped quite a few celebrations.. including my daughters wedding which she has postponed.. so sad really,, but so glad you got to go out for some time together.. and your card is indeed beautiful.. love the blooms and the ribbon flowing down the card.. and I am sure she would have loved it... I hope things are going well for you and the week ahead is a good one for you Marg!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card with lovely flowers and embellies. Glad you had a nice time out. Hopefully life will soon get back to normal again but I'm afraid that not be untill another few months. Take care. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make the most gorgeous designed creations my friend, now I just love the whole idea and I know the recipient will adore it. xx
    BTW we may get to meet yet, we are thinking of moving back to Adelaide. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW, beautiful card, love all your details and fabulous design..my friend aussie aNNie sent me over..so glad she did..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Margy, you always add such gorgeous detail and the layout is perfection. Have a lovely creative week my friend. Big hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a stunning card Margaret, every single little detail is wonderful - the bow tucked in, the heart pin and the golden '50' are all wonderful. Not at all surprised your DIL loved this beauty!

    We are in lockdown again here in England but it is all for the greater good. I hope things have improved where you are and glad that at least you got to go out for a lovely meal to celebrate your DIL's special birthday. Stay safe and well. Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.