Monday 12 October 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 265 - Create a Tag

 Hello dear friends and welcome.

Here we are again with a new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.  Monika is our host this time and the Theme is to Create a tag.

You can still create whatever you like, a card, scrap layout, mixed media piece, anything at all, as long as it includes a tag.  Or, you can simply create a tag on its own as I have done here.

My little tag was made at the last minute.  I knew this Challenge was coming up of course but, somehow, the time just flew by and it was upon us before I really noticed.  So, I had to quickly find something to make and this is the result.

I found the blue tag in my stash.  I have a basket on my workbench where I drop any ephemera left over from other projects and that is where I found this.  There was also a small paper doily left on my desk and that started me off with the decorating.
The piece of book paper came next and, once I had glued these down, I decided it needed some texture.  Should have done that first up.  Not easy adding texture paste through a stencil without getting it all over the doily and book paper.  I did manage though, and then decided it needed stamping!  Well, that mostly did go over the doily, etc. but, luckily, I was still happy with it.
The tag was a bit flimsy so I mounted it onto a piece of kraft card and then it was time for some embellishment.
Found the stamens on my desk too.  Not sure when they got there but they certainly came in handy.
Time to find some flowers.  Again, I was lucky that I found these little beauties.  I must have coloured them ages ago and not used them but they were perfect for my tag.  I also found the little gem stems and added that as well.
A small bunch of white flowers completed the cluster.  
 
Threaded a piece of twine through the top, found some words I liked, and my little tag was done!!
 
Would love you to join our Challenge, it can be a lot of fun!  For some great inspiration, pop on over to the CCM blog and take a peek at the wonderful creations by the rest of the Team.  You will also find our linky there to add your creation.
 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by.   I really do appreciate your visit and love reading any comment you may care to leave. 

Have a wonderful day!
Take care, stay safe and God Bless.
oxox Marg

10 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little tag Margy. It's wonderful how much you found on your desk. The texture paste and the book paper, adds interesting layers. Lovely work. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag with texture, subtle colours and gorgeous roses! You put elements together so effectively. Have a great day!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This certainly does not look like a quick tag! I really love all the layers and that teardrop gem is gorgeous. Love the sentiment too. Just beautiful! Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag Margy, so stylish too. Beautiful detail and loving the sentiments too. Have a lovely creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous tag! You added so many lovely details, realy beautiful made. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marg! I so get what you mean about the time.. it seems to be flying by, but I feel like I dont have much to show for it! hehe! I hope you are keeping well!! I love your tag, and I enjoyed reading how you created it.. all the bits were meant to be put on this tag, it all goes so well.. and the creativity is all part of the enjoyment of making something so pretty.. I love the hint of stamping and the texture too.. I hope your week is going well and I hope your weekend is just right!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag Margaret. Lovely design and sentiment. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Margy thanks for the comment over at mine, We simply must keep in touch when CCM finishes I will simply miss your lovely designs. Take care and happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so pretty - like springtime on a tag. Love those little touches of texture too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did I miss this???? Your pages should be showing up on my reading list in blogger....
    A fabulously designed tag, beautiful flowers , your colours and design are always awesome. Love that image ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.