Tuesday 4 December 2018

A Special Anniversary

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.
So pleased you stopped by for a visit at this busy time of the year.

Last month our oldest son and his dear wife celebrated their 25th Wedding Anniversary.  Such a wonderful milestone and hubby and I are so very proud and happy for them!
This is the card I created for their special day!
The papers used are from the digital version of the Gardens in Paris Collection by Megs Garden.   They have some lovely papers available in both printed and digital versions, if you're interested, here.  I also used one of the images from their Vintage Flowers Journal cards.
For my card I just added a little stamping for some extra interest.
This flower is also available at Megs Garden.  It was white originally, I simply sprayed it with some watered down acrylic paint.  Underneath the cluster I added a piece of really pretty lace ..
.. as well as a length of thread and a mix of prills and micro beads.  The sentiment was computer generated and mounted on a piece of chipboard.
The clock was a freebie from the net (you know how much I love clocks).  Again, it was simply printed out and mounted on a piece of chipboard.
A bow made from cream seam binding completed the embellishments.
Voila!!

Thank you so much for your visit.  I know everyone is really busy preparing for Christmas (I have actually started on my Christmas cards!!!  Yayy!!) and I really appreciate you taking the time.

Have a wonderful week everyone!!
Take care and God Bless.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card :) happy anniversary to the lovely couple. Blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg! I hope your week is going well... they are flying by so fast!! This card is beautiful.. I love the color of the flower, so fresh and love the clock face and that lace is really pretty.. I am sure they loved this special card made with love for them on their special milestone.. I remember when I had my 25th wedding anniversary, it didn't seem like very long ago.. this year we celebrated 36 years... crazy how quickly the years are going by... anyway I hope the weather is being good, we have had a much cooler day here today.. it has been horribly hot...and dry... Here's hoping there will be some rain soon too..anyhow have a really great week.. and yes it is a busy time of the year.. but a very special time too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The papers are beautiful and the lace is just exquisite. A beautiful card indeed to celebrate a very special anniversary. Happy Anniversary to your Son and his wife! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary to your son and his wife!! The card you made for them is so stunning!! I love the layers and the beautiful flower and lace!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is gorgeous Marg!! So lovely and has a sense of Spring cheer~ All the layers of lace, paper, prills & beads add great texture and interest! Beautiful work Marg! Hugs to you, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very feminine! I love the lace and the white with that pop of green.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is special indeed, especially in this day and age! What a fantastic celebratory card, too. My fave part is the touch of green. I think it looks soooo wonderful - a real focal point. And the clock... nice touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truly gorgeous card for a special anniversary. Gosh, it doesn't seem long since our Silver Anniversary and now we are nearly double that!. Your delicate card with the glimpses of lace, the smudge of pink and the prills is superb and that pretty green bloom ties is all together beautifully. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cette carte est magnifique. Pleine de douceur...
    J'adore.
    Merci pour le message sur mon blog.
    Bises.

    This card is beautiful. Full of sweetness ...
    I just love it.
    Thank you for the message on my blog.
    Hugs.
    MaryannG

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful feminine card for your son and daughter in laws special day! That's a terrific milestone and you have every right to be very proud! Your card is such a breath of fresh air! I love your sweet flower over the prills, lace and thread, and the bow is so pretty. Great design--you are the queen of cards, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.