Friday 14 December 2018

Christmas Cards for 2018 #1

Hello dear friends!!  
Thank you for stopping by, I know how busy you all must be getting ready to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour.  Hope all your Christmas preparations are humming along nicely.

I'm back to just quickly share a couple more of my Christmas cards.  As I stated in my last post, here, all my cards are very similar.  Same paper collections, same embellies, just different combinations and a couple of slightly different designs.

Some cards have a vertical aspect and some are horizontal.

Card 1
Most of the sentiments I've used are taken from the paper collections.  I simply trimmed them to size where necessary and then heat embossed the edges with gold.
The flower clusters are all similar with real little pine cones (found in a Homewares Store at the very beginning of the year) and little bunches of berries.
The ends of the diecut branches have also been heat embossed in gold. 

Card 2
The flowers are different but they have all been sprayed with Cherry Pie Dylusions Ink Spray. 


I know I've mentioned it previously, but I do love the traditional colours for my Christmas cards.  I also love the touches of gold.  Adds something a bit special to them, I think.

Thank you so much for your visit I truly do appreciate it.  In a few days I will share a few more of my cards.  Hope to see you then!!

Have fun with your preparations for Christmas!  Mine are well under way but I do still have quite a bit to do.   Mostly the food though and, this year, that is not going to be too complicated.  Keeping it simple but hope it will still be enjoyable for everyone.

Have a wonderful day!
Take care and God Bless.

13 comments:

  1. They are so gorgeous!! The layers and details you added are so beautiful!! I especially love the berries!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas season!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply elegant! Oh Marg they are beautiful~ I do like the traditional colors on your cards and yes, the touches of gold will make the extra special~ I am such a fan of the way you did your 'ripping & tearing' and layering; Amazing! Lovely all the way! Hugs to you, karen o (PS I'm humming along OK too, and will be in the kitchen next week making treats and broccoli soup for 'giving.' : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love traditional colours too and those touches of gold make the cards look even more beautiful. I just love those stunning red flowers too. Hope you have a lovely weekend and that the rest of your Christmas preparations go well! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm a fan of the traditional colours too, especially with the pops of gold. Love the glimpses of lace and gauze which add lovely texture. You are organized to be collecting pine cones at the start of the year! I'm still writing in cards and addressing envelopes, but hope to be all done by tomorrow, so the rest of the week I can get into baking and Grand children. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marg!! well here we are getting closer and closer to Christmas day, I hope you have a lovely day full of special people and moments.. and yes uncomplicated sounds good to me too.. I have lots of things to get done this week and as I sit here and hear the beautiful rain outside I am feeling very blessed and thankful for all that God has done for me this year.. ANd... your cards are so beautiful.. and yes those colors really have the festive feel to me, love the flowers, that lace is really beautifull and the touches of gold are glorious!! They will look wonderful displayed this Christmas.. and thanks for coming by my blog this year and for all your encouraging and beautiful comments.. I really do love my blogger friends who take the time just to say a few words, it means a lot.. Thanks for all your inspiration too.. I love your cards and your albums are really amazing too.. have a really good week..Merry Christmas Marg to you and yours!!! and I love the verse on this post too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sorry for saying 'too' a lot.. hehe.. I just reread my comment!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards totally speak Christmas to me! I love the foliage and the red and gold. Stunning cards!
    Merry Christmas,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely traditional colours and beautiful embellishment.

    Wishing you a very happy Christmas and all good wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely divine Christmas cards Margy, you definitely know how to make a stunner..... love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Margaret! Your cards are stunning and so festive in the traditional colors with touches of gold. I love the rich red of the flowers and there's the perfect amount of embellishment on each of these. You make the most amazing cards and your recipients must feel very special to receive one of these beauties. Thank you so much for your inspiration throughout the year! I wanted to pop by and wish you a very special day of celebrating the birth of our Savior and the hope that He brings to our world. Sending warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margie I love all of your cards and this collection is just stunning! I feel so fortunate and honoured to have been one of the lucky recipients! Thank you!!

    (I have probably missed quite a few of your posts, but I have decided I will only post on Fridays and visit on Sundays from now on, as, though I love seeing all the work that people create, I find blogger to be a too time consuming platform these days, sorry about that, I hope you understand)….
    Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for a creative and hopefully healthy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Margaret! Just wanted to drop in and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thank you for all of your support in 2018! Have a wonderful holiday and I'll see you in 2019! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Marg, gorgeous cards. You have to do this with Christmas cards to get enough made and the system is one I tend to use myself, get a basic idea and then adjust it slightly for some card or if time gets short just stick with whatever works after all it's unlikely the recipients will see each others cards! I read your comment on mine too. The wallet file is made from a 12"x12" piece of card and ends up measuring approximately 7"x4" when closed so plenty of space for the photos. I hope your Christmas is really special and that your New Year is full of creativity. Thank you for all the lovely comments and support. Big hugs, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.