Monday 31 August 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #262 - Things with Wings


 Hello and welcome dear crafty friends.

It's time for a new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.  Mary is our Host and the Theme is Things with Wings.   As always, you can create whatever takes your fancy as long as your 'Wings' are a prominent part of your creation.

My contribution is a simple card made with some textured paper I found in my stash.  This paper must be at least 10 years old.  I'm pretty sure I purchased it when I first started making cards.  I had intended to throw it out but decided I would try to use it instead.

I wanted to add some colour so I got out my Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals and sprayed the paper with water.  It soaked it up like a sponge (Yikes!) so, when I sprinkled on the magicals, the colour didn't move very much.  Still, I didn't mind the result, so decided to keep going with my card.

Once the paper was dry again, I added the script stamping.  This is a new stamp I purchased recently.  It's called Background Script and is made by Kaisercraft.

The butterfly is a free printable from the net.  I have used this butterfly a few times before as I really love the colour.  This time though, I thought I would raise the interest level a little and added the background script to one of the wings.  
The flower stems are from the Wildflower Stems #1 and Wildflowers #2 die sets by Tim Holtz.


Now it's your turn.  Head on over to the CCM Blog to see the wonderful projects created for this Challenge by the rest of the Team.   You will find plenty of inspiration there.  Really looking forward to seeing what you create!

 
Have a wonderful day!!
Take care, stay safe and God Bless you all.
 
oxox Marg
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Love your card! The stamped watercolour background on that thick looking paper looks awesome! Glad it did soak up the water! Also love the beautiful butterfly! Have a great week and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background paper looks like handmade watercolour paper - thick and luscious. Love the way it slurped up the blue. The background stamp is gorgeous too; I've not seen that one from Kaiser. Then the blue butterfly! Beautiful blue always steals my heart. A lovely, lovely card. Thanks for sharing Margy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margy, so inspiring, stunning and so beautiful....love the gorgeous background and butterfly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg! Happy Spring! How fast is this year flying by??? anyways.. I love your card, It is simply elegant and so pretty.. I love that script stamp it is one of my favs.. love butterflies too.. and blue.. perfection!! Have a great week ahead Marg, stay well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of those sharp intake of breath cards for me, the blues and those wonderful textures are so beautiful and I adore that gorgeous butterfly, especially with the stamping on the wings. So, so beautiful! Please stay safe and well. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Margy. You say it's a simple card but they are the most difficult to produce and to make the design look complete and attractive to the eye. This card does just that. A pleasing background without too much detail so it doesn't distract from the main image which is strong and attractive with the text leading the eye nicely over the card While the sentiment pops out against that gorgeous blue. So what can I say, it's perfect. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card Margaret. Love the texture and design. Have a fantastic creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Margaret! Remember me? So sorry it's been so long since I've visited. I just don't have the time or frankly, some days, the desire to sit at my computer and try to get my keyboard to cooperate. I type things and they move around or just disappear completely! I know it must be getting close to time to get a new computer!

    but enough blabbering! Your card is stunning! I love the background and that gorgeous butterfly. The script stamping on his wing and the black wildflowers are the perfect compliment to the watery wash below. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that's pretty - what a lovely soft blue colour.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.