Wednesday 26 August 2020

Use Your Stash Album - Design by JenofEve

 Hello everyone.  Hope you are all well and staying safe.

As promised in my last post, I'm back to share a mini album I created recently.  I didn't initially set out to create this for my Granddaughter but, when I did finally finish it, it was getting very close to her 18th Birthday and I thought it would come in handy for her to keep her celebration photos in.  So it became part of her present and, I'm glad to say, she loved it.

The papers I've used in this Album are, obviously, not from my Stash.  They are from the Darcelle A4 Paper Pad by Prima.  The template though, is a Use Your Stash Scrap Journal Design by JenofEve Designs.  Jen has a facebook group where she shares some of her amazing designs as freebies.  You just need to join the group to get access.  

Here's a little reminder of the cover.

On the right is the inside front cover which has a pocket with a fussy cut edge and a couple of journaling card inserts.

There are basically two page sets sewn into this album.  Can't really call them signatures as they only have one set each so, the page on the right is the front of the first one and I've just added a simple altered paper clip as an embellishment.

Turning the page, you are already in the middle of the signature but, as you can see, there is quite a bit going on here.
There is a flip page on the left and a small journal on the right.


 
The flip page opens up to a pocket with a journal card inside ..

 

.. and a small eyelet through which I've attached a tiny key as well as the small 'Love' tag.

 The journal was sewn into the album along with this page set and only has a few pages which could be used to write down her impressions and thoughts about turning 18 or anything else she may wish to remember.

I won't show you each page in the journal as they are basically the same but I did pop a small doily in the centre and finished off the twine with a couple of charms.

Underneath the journal is a small flip page ..

.. which could be used for photos or more journaling.

 

On the left is the back of the first page set and on the right is the front of the second. 

The small pocket on the right holds more journaling cards and, just in case you are wondering, the numbers have no significance, they are simply part of the papers.
Here is the inside of the second page set with a deconstructed envelope on the right hand side ..
.. and a cute little paper clip dangly thing (that's it's scientific name.. LOL) on the left.
The inside of the envelope is the centre of this set and, again, I have a ttached a couple of charms to the ends of the twine.  I have used magnets to keep the envelope closed so secret things could be kept inside.

Here is another small eyelet with some charms attached with twine.
The back of the deconstructed envelope ..

 .. and another paper clip dangly thing.
This is the back of the page set and the inside back cover, both of which have a pocket.
There is a journaling tag in the left pocket ..
.. and a cute little envelope and journal tag in the right pocket.
And, finally, the back of the album.

I thoroughly enjoyed creating this book.  The papers are really gorgeous and I was extremely happy with the design.  If you're interested, go check out Jenofeve on facebook or Youtube.   She actually has a video where she creates this booklet and talks about different design options.  I think she is amazingly talented.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by to take a peek and I do appreciate your comments.  Unfortunately I have had to modify all comments due to the amount of Spam that has come through lately.
 
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care, stay safe and God Bless.
 


5 comments:

  1. WOW and I am thrilled you showed your beautiful pages, I am in the process of making another slim line book and think my machine with be used again....love your inspiration and beauty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely stunning Marg. Each turn of the page reveals something charming and precious. Lovely, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Marg, this album is stunning! The colors are gorgeous very feminine and love all the special little touches you have on the pages.. I am sure this will be a treasured keepsake for your Grand daughter and I think she will add her touches and make it her own.. and I understand about the spam comments, I had to put comment check on my blog too as there were such stupid comments coming through Makes you wonder why people do that to a little blog. really dont understand at all.. anyway this week has flown by for me, and I hope you have had a great week so far.. enjoy the rest of the week.. the nights are cold here and the days are warming up.. it is so dry too... I am watering my garden already trying to keep it alive.. but my flowers are blooming and i know spring is just around the corner!!!! keep well and safe Marg!!!..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Margaret, this is an absolute delightful album, I am not surprised she loved it, it is gorgeous!! I love all of the beautiful pages, the things that caught my eye are the typewriter (love it) and tiny key and I just love that word 'figureoutable' - what a fabulous word. This is a real work of art and you have done your Granddaughter very proud indeed - I am in awe!

    Keep safe and well. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous, Marg. I so enjoyed seeing you turn the pages, revealing fresh treats on every side. Lovely papers, and all the additions - flaps, pockets, envelopes and embellishing - work perfectly. I have a feeling I might be creating some use-your-stash albums once I've seen exactly how much stash there is as I pack it up!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.