Monday 17 August 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #261 - Lots of Layers

Hi everyone!   Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  So happy to have you visit.  A very special welcome to my new followers.  Thank you for joining me on my creative journey.

So, the CCM Team are back from our break and it's time for a new Challenge.   Jo is our host for this one and the Theme is Lots of Layers.  As always, you can enter anything you like, a card, layout, off the page, whatever you wish  as long as it follows the Theme.

Over the last few months, I have been busy creating a couple of mini albums and, as the cover of this album has lots of layers, thought it would be perfect as my DT contribution for this Challenge.  I usually take my time creating my albums and only work on them in between other projects.  This little book was created for my Granddaughter who turned 18 just recently.  I am only showing the cover today and will share the book itself later on.

The papers used in this book are from the Darcelle A4 paper pad by Prima.  I love these papers, they look pretty here but are even better in real life. There's actually 5 layers of paper on this cover, the first of which is the main base mat.  It's mostly covered here but is very pretty.
You can see some book paper in between the dp and I added a cute little bow made with a new punch I purchased recently.  A little difficult to make as it is so small, but really sweet.
Added a small cluster of Little Birdie Flowers ..
.. and created a faux Polaroid frame which I edged with some gold embossing.
The closure on this album is a ribbon bow which was simply threaded through an eyelet on the front and back cover..

I do love how this turned out.  Hope you like it too.

For more inspiration, please pop over to the CCM blog and take a look at the fabulous creations by my Teamies.  Would love it if you joined in with the Challenge.

 
Thank you so much for your visit and the lovely comments as well.  I haven't done much crafting of late so I haven't posted as often and I also haven't done a lot of visiting either (I do apologise for that) so I'm especially grateful for your visits and comments.  I'm hoping things will get back to normal soon.
 
Take care and God Bless.
 
oxox  Marg
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful album cover, you have a wonderful knack of combining colour, layering and design. Love it!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margy, beautiful design. Loving the embellishments too. Have a lovely crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous mini for your Grand Daughter Marg. Love the layering and soft, muted tones. The sentiment is absolutely perfect for a special Birthday. Lovely, lovely creating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning designed album Margy, love the gorgeous papers and great result. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful gift for your Granddaughter, the papers are gorgeous indeed. I love how you layered up the front and that little bow is just darling. The sentiment is just perfect for the occasion too. I look forward to seeing the inside now. Keep safe and well. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marg!! I do hope you are keeping well and staying well... and I am not sure anything will get back to normal any time soon!! this year has been anything but normal!!! but... we keep putting one foot in front of another and do the best we can hey!!! I love the cover of your little album and I am looking forward to seeing in side.. i KNOW it will be really lovely.. and I know your grand daughter is going to be blessed to have such a beautiful hand made keepsake from you... love the colors and that bow is adorable!! keep well Marg and keep warm.. a bit of a cold blast to hanging around by the look of the weather map!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.