Wednesday 1 May 2019

Just Playing - Making Cards #4

Hi everyone!  Welcome to my blog.  A special welcome to my new followers.  So pleased you decided to join my crafty journey.

Gosh!  It's seems like ages since I posted last.  Life has been busy lately and I haven't spent much time in my craft room.  The little time I have had in there has been spent trying to tidy everything up.  You would not believe the mess it's in at the moment but, slowly but surely, I am getting things in order.

Anyway, thought I would share another of my Just Playing creations.
I used one of my Gelli Plate fails for the top layer on this card.  The reason I call them my fails is because they didn't turn out at all the way I envisioned but, having said that, I have found them quite suitable to use on my cards.  I actually love the grungy look of them.
 The clock is a printable from the net.  I mounted it to a bit of scrap card for extra strength and then heat embossed it with clear powder.
The cogs were die cut from black cardstock.  I glued a few layers together for extra dimension and then used Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Bronze and Silver to give them the aged look. 

The chippie sentiment is by Scrapmatts.
Gave this card to my oldest Grandson just recently and (thank goodness) he loved it!

That's it for now.
Sorry if I haven't visited your blog lately.  I am trying to get more done but life insists on getting in the way at the moment.  I will keep trying though.

Thank you so much for stopping by and do enjoy the rest of your day.

Take care and God Bless.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Marg, yes life is crazy busy for me too, my daughter is working two jobs so I am the taxi and it can be a very busy day for me at times.. but dont worry, I hope you get some special time to create, and I dont tidy my room much because I simply cant find anything when I do!! hehe.. I love this card, very masculine and I love the clock and the ruler embellishment.. the layers are fabulous.. enjoy the rest of the week, it is sure to fly by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what's not to love about this card, it is fabulous. I love your 'failed' gel print, it is so perfect for a male card and as always, your topper elements compliment it so well. I do know what you mean about a messy room.... mine will just have to wait a bit longer! Good luck sorting yours though! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous masculine card, Margaret! You are so smart to keep those 'failed' pieces, as this one makes a spectacular grungy background. The cogs and clock are wonderfully made embellishments and your design is stunning! I can relate to the messy craft room; I do believe a clean up is long overdue in my Closet, especially now after my recent craft sling. What a wonderful time I've spent here this morning, soaking in all of your magic! Thank you for the inspiration and your sweet visits to my blog, even in my absence from yours. Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marg! And what a beautiful card you are sharing with us! I thought for sure the cogs were metal! I really like your 'failed' background. Sometimes our best stuff is first rejected~ (I think you told me that once : ) The layers here are amazing my friend! Hugs and wishes for a great week-end~ karen o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another piece of true art Margaret. Loooove this.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow awesome, just love the textures in that background!! You definitely know how to do male cards so well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not surprised he loved it, it's a great card. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've been away and now trying to play catch up and lookee here! More gorgeous masculine cards. Love the "failed" strips which are just perfect as a base for the card. Your on line finds which you turn into the perfect embellishments are great; especially love this antique clock. Stunning work! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you save your 'fails', because they sometime make for the best backgrounds, as this one has. I love the clock and ruler and those cogs look like real metal! You had me fooled! Amazing design and details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOPs! Looks like this is where I left off! Better to have two (or three) comments than none!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.