Wednesday 9 January 2013

Cards from Scraps

Hello everyone and a very Happy New Year to you all. 
 Can't believe this is my first post for 2013.  Time flies when you're  busy I guess.
I have a couple of easy cards to show you.  These are made from some scraps I had in my scraps box.
They don't take a lot of work which comes in handy when you're pressed for time or making a card for someone whose Birthday you 'almost' forgot.  (I won't tell if you don't.  LOL)
I used cream cardstock for the base, then cut a slightly smaller mat in brown and attached a piece of chiffon ribbon before adhering it to the base. From my scraps, I selected the papers which matched, cut them into wide strips, used a Martha Stewart border punch for the edges inked them with a Bark Kaisercraft ink pad and then layered them to the front as shown.
 The flower was one I partly made myself.  I used some small scraps for the larger petals, inked the edges with Versa Color Bronze and then just added a small bloom from my stash in the centre.
  For the greeting, I cut out a label in the brown cardstock for the base and glued that to the card.
Then cut another slightly smaller out of ivory cardstock, stamped the greeting onto it and attached that with pop dots.
 Here is just a close-up of the layers.

The second card was made in a similar manner.  I used black cardstock for the base this time and matted it in white.  This time I didn't glue the mat to the base until after it had been decorated, mainly because I wasn't sure if I wanted ribbon on it or not.
 I chose scraps in the blue range ( the lady I made it for loves blue ) cut them into strips and then cut a V shape into the bottom of each to make them look like flags or banners.  The edges are inked in Kaisercraft Bark.
 I had some petal shapes in my stash so selected some complimenting colours, scrunched them up a little and glued them together to make the flower.  I then glued a small pearl in the centre.  And, as you've seen, I did decide to use a piece of ribbon so I was glad I hadn't glued anything to the base as yet.
 The greeting was made the same as the first card I showed you but using a different shaped label.
There you have it folks.  Two cute little cards made in a very short space of time and, apart from the card bases, just using scraps.

Thank you so much for stopping by.
Take care and God Bless.
ox Marg


1 comment:

  1. They are both totally yummy cards - I called in earlier and the photos were not in, (unless was blogger being silly)... the punch you used (doily one) is my very favourite, looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.