Saturday 29 December 2012

Altered Book Box

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.   
It's been a little while since I did a post so I'd like to show you a book box I've altered.
A very close friend's daughter is having a baby and I'm making a mini album for her which I am placing into this box.  The mini is still a work in progress but the box is done.

The paper collection I'm using is Baby Steps from Simple Stories.
Here is the original box.
 
 I purchased it from one of our cheapie outlets ( I think it was Ned's ) and all I had to do was re-cover it with my selected papers. 

 
In this paper collection there are a lot of different tags and on one of them was this little banner so I cut out the letters, glittered the edges and then attached them to a piece of twine. But it didn't stand out enough from the cover so I decided they needed to be matted.  I cut some white cardstock to size and glued them onto that.  I then attached them to the front with pop dots to give them a bit more dimension.
 
The bird cage and bird are from Scrapmatts.  I painted both with Paint Daubers in white and glittered the birdcage completely.  For the little bird, I inked the edges with Versa Color Cinnamon and then glittered the wings and the tail  and also a little around the edge.  I colored his/her eye with a blue Texta.

The flowers are a mix of Prima and Kaisercraft and the little white berries and the white flower with the pearl stamens are from Magnolia Ink.  I trimmed the hooks off some heart charms I had in my stash and glued them on with 
Helmar glue.
  The leaves  are pieces I cut from a larger velvet leaf that I also had in my stash.

The lace came from my stash.  I cannot remember where it's from which is a shame because I love it and would like to get some more.

 
I also trimmed the hook from this little bear charm before attaching it to the bow.
I really like this paper collection.  It has some pink and blue but it's really not gender specific, and it's pretty without being too over the top.  There are some really cute tags and sayings with it as well which will make it easier to decorate the album.

So, there you have it, the box is ready to go, now I just have to finish the album.  The baby is not due until February so I still have plenty of time.

Thank you so much for visiting.  Take care and God Bless and
 wishing everyone all the best for 2013.
oxox Marg

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous box and I love it is not gender specific! The embellishments are just beautiful too and perfectly placed, just gorgeous! I am sure it will be much appreciated specially with a mini book inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and yours Marg, may 2013 bring you many creative smiles. Your book box is so pretty. I adore the paper-line you have used, and all the various elements too. They work magically together. Cannot wait to see your album, what a beautiful keep-sake this is going to be!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.