Tuesday 22 September 2020

A Pair of Guy Cards

 Hello dear friends.  Hope your day is going well.

Just a quick post to share a few more of my 'man' cards.  Have quite a few stacked up waiting to be posted and felt it was time I got my finger out and got it done.

There have been quite a few special Birthdays amongst our family and friends this year but, because of the restrictions, we have not been able to join in with the celebrations.  Never the less, I have still made cards for them to let them know we were there in spirit at least.  

The two cards I am showing today are very similar.  I'm afraid I'm, getting a bit lazy with my crafting.  I do still enjoy it but am not quite as enthusiastic about having to come up with something new each time.  Consequently, when I make them now I tend to make a few of the same or, at least, similar design which works well when the people you give them to don't know each other and can't compare.  LOL!

The paper used for the background on both cards is by Kaisercraft and they were, obviously, both made for an 80th Birthday.

Added a strip of washi tape and the waste left when punching out some circles and made a small collage with a free printable gauge and a left over piece of harlequin chipboard.

On this next card I used strips of washi tape, book paper, a left-over piece from a die cut .. 

.. a free printable clock face and a small wooden cogs..



 Easy Peasy, done and dusted.  Just the way I like it!!
 
Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look.  Enjoy the rest of your week.
Take care, stay safe and God Bless.


5 comments:

  1. Two lovely artistic card Margy, love how you have designed this suitably for a man. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg! How are things in your part of the world?? I hope spring is blooming lovely for you! It has turned quite warm here, and I am hoping that rain is on its way.. we sure need it... I love your cards and you have a winning formula for making them so why change?? Love the manly embellishing and great colors.. your cards are always wonderful in my eyes.. well I hope the rest of this week goes splendidly for you.. the weeks seem to be flying by!! I saw Christmas stuff being put on the shelves in big w last week... ho ho ho!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, well you say easy peasy, but to me your male cards are always works of art, so carefully and beautifully constructed with lots of lovely layers. I love your use of washi tape and really must take some inspiration from these beauties as I have some new washi to play with. I am with you on the lack of enthusiasm for coming up with new ideas, I put it down to the lockdown here (it looks like we might be heading that way again too sadly). I hope things are better where you are - stay safe and well. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm....I'm not sure I would call it lazy - rather intelligent use of time and resources! I tell myself if I'm making a huge mess to create one card, I might as well capitalize on it and make a few at the same time. Love the soft grey spotty paper; perfect for layering up all your bits and bobs. The French clock face is gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your gauges and clock faces - never seem to find such nice ones when I go looking. And of course they always work so beautifully with all the other elements you collage around them. Those harlequins are great, but I think the second card just wins on points for me! Love the book page fragment and the tall lengths of polka dot and musical washi.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.