Monday 28 September 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #264 - Shabby Chic

 Hello dear friends.  Welcome to my blog.

The Theme for the new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers is Shabby Chic and our Host is the lovely Angela!

As is always the case, you may create whatever you wish as long as it fits the Theme.

When I think of shabby chic, aged furniture or furnishings come to mind.   White washed furniture that looks a bit scuffed and distressed, or furnishings that are well washed or slightly worn and torn.  A soft, feminine style with lots of white and a few contrasting pastel colours.   So this is how I styled my card.

The papers, by Kaisercraft, have been torn and distressed and, for a little extra shabbyness, I added a little stamping as well.


A strip of floral lace supports the flower cluster to which I have added die cut leaves and a bit of gauze.

Of course, I couldn't forget my favourite prills and you can also see a sweet little butterfly cabochon.

To finish off, I added a lovely seam binding bow.


Would really love for you to hop on over to the CCM blog to take a peek at the wonderful creations by the rest of the Team.  Hopefully, you will be inspired to join in.

 
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit here and thank you to those who leave me such lovely comments.  Both are very much appreciated. 

Take care, stay safe and God Bless.
 


8 comments:

  1. You're lovely too Margy and the card is gorgeous. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Margy! Shabby chic and blue - the perfect combo! Love the way you use lace and prills on any style of card and make them work. On this classic, elegant card, they are right at home and add lovely detail and clusters. The butterfly cabochon is delightful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet shabby chic card and love the design with awesome gorgeous colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Margaret. Lovely papers and lots of beautiful details to be seen. I Love shabby chique cards but never get round to making them. I realy must try and find some more time. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shabby chic floral loveliness... the butterfly cabochon is just adorable, and I love those leaves with the subtle script. Beautiful composition, as always.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marg! I hope your week is going well! It is warming up here, and still dry!! but always hoping rain is on the way soon.. I love your pretty card, so feminine and I love the pop of blue with the bloom and the lace is so pretty too.. Always love your cards.. enjoy the rest of this week..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you describe shabby chic, it is just perfect and it sums your card up perfectly too. The lace is gorgeous and the bold flower is so pretty as the focal point. So beautiful! Keep safe and well. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Margaret, Love the colours and your pretty details. Have a creative safe week. Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.