Monday 1 July 2019

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #237

Hello everyone and welcome!!  So happy that you stopped by.
A very special welcome for my new followers!  So pleased you decided to join me on my creative journey. 

A new Challenge is now live at Crafty Cardmakers and the Theme is Dies or Punches!  Jo is our lovely Host and, as always, you may create whatever you wish as long as it follows the Theme.

For my DT contribution, I have created a masculine card and, as I don't have very many punches, I have used a couple of dies.  

The papers are by Kaisercraft.  I love to use their 6.5" x 6.5" pads as they are the perfect size for cards.
  Some embossing and stamping on the background.  Both the harlequin and the script stamp are also by Kaisercraft.
The die above is called Texture Subway and, you guessed it, it's by Kaisercraft!!  The greeting is also by Kaisercraft.  In the back of their paper pads they have a couple of pages of little punch out greetings.  Another reason I love their pads.
The clock is a printable from the net and the Cogs & Gears die is by .. wait for it! .. Cheery Lynne.  Surprise!! It's not by Kaisercraft!  LOL!!
These types of diecuts can be very thin and flimsy and I like my embellies to be a bit more substantial so I usually cut the shapes out a few times and then glue them on top of each other for more dimension.  I also aged the cogs and gears by swiping them with a bit of Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.

Used a bit of the same paper to decorate the inside.
So crafters, get out your dies and punches and join in with the Challenge!!  Would love to see what you create.  If you pop over to the CCM blog you will find a whole heap of fabulous inspiration by the rest of the Team.


Thank you so much for stopping by.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

10 comments:

  1. Loving this Margy, gorgeous texture and detail. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make the most fabulous male cards Margaret, I really love the subway die, it creates some wonderful texture and your design, as always, is wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so amazing!! I love the textures and dies you used!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome card, love the touch of texture on the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marg, Happy July!! Crazy isnt it that here we are in July!!! This card looks amazing, I love how you make the die cuts so much thicker by cutting several of them and layering them.. very clever and i love how they look so aged..again.. very clever.. Another wonderful male card.. Have a good week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Margaret. Beautifully designed and I love the texture. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing your latest creation, all so well crafted! This is another stunner!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looove that subway die-cut...so fabulous! A fabulous card...love the earthy tones and masculine feel! The white pops off the card and finishes it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, LOVE this card, and I've been itching to get over here ever since I saw it at CC's! Your cogs are PERFECTLY aged and the pop of white is such a stunning design element! Gorgeous masculine card, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous mixed media card - just amazing composition and brilliant distressed textures. I love it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.