Monday 8 July 2019

Flowers for the Girls

Hello my dear crafty friends.  Thank you for stopping by today.

I'm sharing a pair of cards that I made a little while ago.  I spent a wonderful afternoon making a couple of cards and then starting lots of others.  Sound a bit odd?  Well, I actually decided to emboss the background of the first cards I made and liked it so much that I embossed another 6 or 7 bits of paper ready for making more cards in a similar design.  I then spent the next 4 or 5 days finishing them off!

I have already shared a couple of these cards, here and here, and am now sharing two more. 

The card on the left uses papers from the Anthology Collection by Kaisercraft and the one on the right uses papers from Vintage Artistry by 49 and Market.
As on my previous cards, I have used stamps and embossing on the background of both these cards as well as the Texture Subway Die by Kaisercraft.  I have also added some Tim Holtz washi tape on this card for a little more interest.
The flower is by Little Birdie.

I used the same script stamp on both cards but simply changed the orientation for a different look.   The embossing powders used were Seafoam White by Ranger and Butter by Zing.
The flowers on this card are also from Little Birdie.
The greetings on both cards are the little punch outs from the back of Kaisercrafts small paper pads.
  I do love both of these cards but this one is definitely my fave. 
Another look at the two together.
Love that you can use similar colours, techniques and embellies and still create two very different looking cards.

Well, that's it from me for now.
Thank you so much for your visit today, I really appreciate it.

Have fun with your crafting!
Take care and God Bless.


16 comments:

  1. Oh Margaret! Your cards are just gorgeous! They are equally as pretty side by side! Such inspiration! I wouldn't have ever considered using the 'manly' die cut on a feminine card, but WOW it's perfect! BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Margaret, as always! Love the design and choice of embellishments/diecuts! So inspiring :)
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are so beautiful :) love your style of cardmaking dear
    xoxo
    Preeti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg! I hope your Monday has been a great start to the week.. I think that is a very clever idea to make back grounds for cards to use at a later time.. I love the texture on these two cards and those flowers are a stunning feature on the front of your cards.. I think I have some little Birdie flowers somewhere in my stuff!! anyway keep creating and have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 beautiful cards and love the earthy colours! I often create like you did here...by creating bits and pieces as I go along for use on other projects and cards. If something works...do it again!!! LOL
    Beautiful work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are gorgeous Marg, so love your style whether it's feminine or masculine, it just works brilliantly. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both so stunning!! I love the beautiful papers and the layers!! The Sizzix Subway die you used is so awesome and on my must-have list!! The flowers are fabulous!! Gorgeous cards!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful pair, Margaret! I love your embossed backgrounds with those fabulous layers! (The subway die is a must get item!) I agree with you; my favorite is the lighter colored one, but both are stunning, and once again, you've inspired me! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Marg~
    It is always delightful to visit your blog. These 2 beauties are amazing! I love the texture the embossing creates; the layers it infuses are so cool! Gorgeous vertical lines and soft style~ TFS! Hugs to you. (I'm finally warming up a bit up here : ) lol karen o

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a clever idea to make a number of backgrounds for later use; I imagine it's easier to then create rather than starting from scratch. Two glorious cards are the outcome and I'm in love with them both. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Marg

    Both your cards are wonderful, stunning in fact

    Hugs

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Margaret, as always, your cards are beautiful. I do love the subway die, it really suits these cards and the flowers are gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, elegant cards... the long tall format is so pretty. I love how you've used that urban subway die to create a trellis for the flowers... it gives the cards wonderful structure and interest.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both so pretty, love the flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Back again to say...just WOW! These are my favorites using that subway die...I think I've just got a thing for neutrals today! Sending great big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.