Friday 21 June 2019

Embossing and a Couple of New Dies

Hello and welcome to my blog.  So pleased you decided to stop by.

We have a lot of birthdays coming up in the next couple of months so I finally got back into my craft room and have been madly making cards, both masculine and feminine ones.   I purchased some new dies recently and have been experimenting with some different ideas gathered from around the net.  Nothing new really, just some simple techniques that I thought would work.  Some of my experiments have been total disasters but others have turned out quite nicely (Well, I like them anyway) so here I am to share the first of the 'nice ones' with you.

The papers and the stamps are by Kaisercraft.  I simply stamped with Distress Embossing Ink and then heat embossed with Rangers' Seafoam White Embossing Powder.
The white diecut is one of the new dies I purchased.  It is called Texture Subway and it's by Kaisercraft.  I cut it out a couple of times and then glued the two together for extra strength and dimension.
The branch die I have had in my stash for a while and have no idea where it's from.
The flowers were created from some loose petals I've had for ages.  I simply glued a couple together and then used prills to create the centres.  The circle greeting is also by Kaisercraft.  In the back of their small paper pads they have a few pages of pop-out tags and greetings that match the paper collection and this is one of those.  I layered it onto a piece of cardstock before adhering it to the card.

Blue is my favourite colour, and the techniques used are very simple, but I do love how this turned out.  I hope the friend I sent it to will love it as well.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I will share the rest of this batch of cards over the next few weeks and I do hope you will come back to take a peek.

In the meantime, have fun with your crafting.
Take care and God Bless.


12 comments:

  1. Hi Marg, I hope you have had a good week.. is it really friday already!??? anyways so glad you have been creating.. This card is lovely, I love how you have build up the layers beginning with texture with the embossing then the dies and then the flowers.. and blue is my favest color too.. well I hope you have a lovely weekend.. I have a big pot of chicken soup on the stove and that should keep me warm over the weekend.. hoping I might just get some scrapping in too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, the blue and white combo is stunning, I always think they look clean and fresh. I love your new die, it is a lovely design that will come in handy for lots of different occasions. The prills really set those flowers off beautifully too. I think your friend will absolutely adore this card! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so gorgeous!! I know your friend will adore it!! I love the design and the new die!! I'm going to add it to my wish list!! The flowers are beautiful!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beauty! It caught my eye when I went to my blog list. I LOVE how the background turned out! I have quite a number of Kaisercraft stamps and I believe one may be the same as the one on the left side that you used (it's called Hessian). Very inspirational for me because I've never used it! Love your card very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunningly beautiful ! Love the layers a lot and the colors are really cheerful thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Blue and White - the perfect combo IMHO and this is gorgeous. Lovely work with the stacked die cuts and the heat embossing. So classy and elegant and inspirational too. TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Marg, this is a new favourite, STUNNING!! The papers are lovely and that new die is so, so cool!! It works brilliantly behind those beautiful blooms! (I think the branch die is an oldish Tim Holtz one as far as I can see). The dark blue and white is such an elegant combo, - whoever gets this one is a very lucky lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's very cool! Great colours too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Marg~ The effect is gorgeous! I love the calm beauty of this card~
    The blue & white is stunning, and the Prills and embossing add the perfect textural touches! TFS and hope all is well. [We are still very cool and cloudy here - doesn't feel like summer yet : / Hugs to you friend~ karen o

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lucky friend you have that received this stunning card! I love blue, too, and it looks fabulous with the white accents. Love your new die and your flowers are beautiful! I thought they were store bought. You have inspired me today, Margaret! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card and colour combo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these colours....just so pretty and love all the layers too! I cannot imagine that you had too many disasters and I am sure they weren't half bad! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.