Monday 3 June 2019

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #235

Hello my dear friends!  Thank you for stopping by today!

The new Challenge is live at Crafty Cardmakers and it is my turn to host!!  The Theme is one of my absolute faves .. Masculine!!  Right up my alley!!

 As always, you may create whatever you wish.  A card, scrapbook page, mixed media piece, home decor or anything else that takes your fancy as long as it fits the Theme.

My DT project is the card I created for my oldest son's 50th Birthday last year.
A few layers made with Kaisercraft papers, a couple of computer generated clocks and some added bits of washi tape make up the base. 
This card was made late last year so I cannot quite remember where I got the wooden flourish from.  I do remember though that I coloured it with Distress Inks and then clear heat embossed it.
The large cog was also coloured with Distress Ink and then I randomly swiped it with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.  The number 50 was treated the same as the flourish.

The tags at the side are removable and, of course, I had to add some prills and microbeads.

A couple of fun quotes on the back of the tags.

Still haven't quite accepted that my son is now 50.  Doesn't seem that long ago that we celebrated his 21st!  Time does fly!!

I hope I have inpsired you to join in with our Challenge.  My Teammates have created some fabulous inspiration so please do pop over to the CCM blog and check them out.  

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #235 - Masculine

Thank you so much for visiting and I do hope you will join in with the Challenge.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Have fun with your crafting!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

13 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous!! I love the layers and the design!! It looks amazing!! I love the "your 40's have expired tag" - so funny!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg, brilliant card. Loving your choice of colour and the arrangement of the layers is perfect. The sentiments on the tags are a hoot! Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margy you are one of the best cardmakers I know. I was thinking that it must be difficult for you as your relatives must always have high expectations when they receive a card from you! This is fabulous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Marg this one is soo cool!! Love all the inspiration you radiate from your cards!
    : ) The great layers and inking, and (swoon) the prills and micro's!! Those tags are so cool too, and the all around masculine feel. really love your work~ Hugs and stay warm! kare no

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent!! Loving it all from the design, to the colours,to those fun tags! Have a great week!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am certainly with you on the age of a son Margaret, mine is 52, so hard to believe! Your son's card is fantastic and I just love the additional tag sentiments you added.

    Sorry that you have been unwell. I have been missing too, due to a short stay in hospital, recovery seems to take much longer these days. Hope you are back to full health soon. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another corker of a card with a masculine theme. You truly are the Queen of blokes cards. The colours you used all play so nicely together and the combo of prills, tags, clocks are such lovely elements. Fabulous work. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards never cease to amaze me, you are the queen of masculine cards! This one is a real stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning card, Margy - amazing torn layers and inserts and dimension. I love the burnished look of the flourish and the figure 50 that you got with the clear embossing - fantastic! I just turned 50 about six weeks ago, and I'd have been thrilled with a card like this... much more my kind of thing than pink and frilly!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...soooo love the colours on this card...especially the wooden flourish, with its rusty tones! Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made a beautiful card for you son's 50th birthday. Great work as allways! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunnung details in your card. It is so beautiful. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Margi, it's time for my monthly catch up! Ha!Ha! Laughing, but true; I just don't get much 'free' visiting time these days. I'm delighted to be here today to see this wonderful card for your son. I love how you've altered the chippies and added the pull out tags; how fun! I think I need to borrow that idea! The quotes on them are so funny! I can see why you're having a hard time accepting your son is at his 1/2 century mark. My kids will turn 21 in a couple weeks and it's hard to accept that! The years fly by when you have kids! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.