Monday 29 October 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #221

Hello everybody and welcome to my crafty space!  Hope you are having a good day!!

It's time for a new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
Angela  is our lovely host and the Theme is -
 EXPLOSION OF COLOUR!!
As always, whatever you wish to create is fine, as long as you use lots and lots of colour!!

For my DT contribution, I have created a simple tag.
I started with a piece of watercolour paper and used Distress Inks to add the colour.  The colours I used are Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Forest Moss, Stormy Sky and Seedless Preserves.
Dried the inks a little with my heat gun and then daubed gesso through a Floral stencil by Kaisercraft, went around the edges of the flowers with a white gel pen and added a little stamping.
Once all of that was dry, I cut it to fit a 6.5" x 3.5" Craft Tag by Ranger and glued it down.
The flowers and leaves are by Little Birdie and I added some prills and micro beads in and around the cluster.
The die is Sevington Border by Memory Box.  This was a scrap left lying on my desk.  Thought it was time to put it to good use.
The sentiment was generated on my computer.  I have a page of little quotes and sayings which I typed out in Word and then printed off.  So handy when you need a quick little quote for something.
The ribbon for the bow was coloured with the same Distress Inks used for the background.
So, have I inspired you at all to join in with the Challenge?  Pop on over to the CCM blog and take a peek at the creations by my Teamies.  I'm sure you'll find plenty to inspire you there.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #221 - Explosion of Colour

Thank you so much for stopping by.  It is so lovely to have you visit and thank you for any little comment you may care to leave.
Have yourselves a wonderful day!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg


10 comments:

  1. Wow, it's so stunning!! The colors look amazing!! I love the textures and the details you added!! What a gorgeous tag!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg, This tag is delightful! Absolutely gorgeous layers of exploding color and texture!
    The stenciled flowers are awesome! Thans for sharing. Hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful tag, the stencilling looks wonderful over the lovely Distress background you created. I love those hanging flowers too and the prills and the black border is such a great contrast. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret, gorgeous tag. The colours stand out so well against the black edging. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This surely is an explosion of colour! I love the Distress ink background with the colours blending so beautifully. The white gesso and pen work adds contrast and definition, as does the pop of black die cut. Then the trailing flowers and yummy prills bring it all together perfectly. Gorgeous work Margy - So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful explosion of color! I love your background and the white contrast. That little bit of border is such a fun pattern. Love it!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super beautiful tag, the background is so colourful, quite an explosion of colour!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning tag...love the colours and the techniques....a fabulous result! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marg, this tag is just stunning, very definitely exploding with colour. I love all the fabulous detail and texture and the close up shots you have posted show it in all it's fabulous glory.

    I am sorry I don't get by anywhere near as often as I should, but wanted to thank you for all your hard work for the team.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colors and love the tag design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.