Monday 14 August 2017

Get Well Soon

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.  Do hope you are all having a wonderful day.
Can you believe we are almost half way through August??   Thought by now I would have lots of Christmas cards done but, plans often go awry don't they?  Mine certainly did.  Lots of things have happened lately and not all of it good.  But that is life I guess.  You have to face the bad along with the good and hope it all comes out right in the end.

The card I'm sharing today was made for a very close member of our family who was extremely ill.  Made this in the hope of cheering him up.

 Lots of layers of mostly Prima papers, either torn to size or distressed on the edges.
 A couple of tags tucked in with a bit of twine for textrue
The greeting was printed with my labeller and simply mounted on some cardstock.
A couple of eyelets and one of my fave flairs (I only have one left .. boo! hoo!) ..
 .. and a Prima light globe.


I am very happy to report that the patient is out of hospital and, although not 100% yet, is getting better every day.  My heartfelt thanks to the wonderful nursing staff at Flinders Medical Centre here in Adelaide.  Due to some woeful Government Policies (so called Transforming Health) they are under staffed, under equipped and over worked yet still manage under those difficult conditions to take very good care of their patients.  Thank you one and all.

Thank you so much for visiting and taking a look at my little makes.
Whatever your plans are for the day, have a good one!
Take care and God Bless.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Marg, so glad to hear your friend is on the mend, yes life happens and sometimes you just have to do the best you can and weather the storm... the card is fantastic, love all the layers, great colors and the distressed edges look marvellous.. and I cannot believe we are almost halfway through august.. it just doesnt seem like we have had 8 months of the yar already???? I have hardly done any cards yet... i really need to get a move on!!! I hope the week ahead is a better one for you and yours...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!! The layers are amazing!! I love the distressing and the bits of texture you added!! It's so gorgeous!! I'm glad the patient is out of the hospital and on the mend. I can't believe the month is half over already, either!! The whole year has flown by!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still love those Prima papers; I have some hoarded for male cards too. Love the torn edges and multi layering. Your tags and string adds pops of interest, as do the rivets, the clock face and the care globe. I'd be sad to be down to my last flair as well, they add such a wonderful point of interest. Christmas - Yikes! I have some nieces that have been teasing me by counting down the weeks since July! Little terrors! If I close my eyes, do you think it will all go away? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your work Margy .. always so rustic and unique .. love and hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Margy... love the colours and all the layers. This is just awesome... I am so not ready for Christmas and I feel the same way as Helen :D :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card to help your family member get well! I'm sure this was one of the factors that helped to speed their recovery! I love all the layers and details! Who is EVER ready for Christmas! I won't even go there on government run health care, but happy your family member received the best of care! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and so creative! Anyone would cheer up getting a card like this! I hope your family member feels better.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.