Monday 21 August 2017

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 194 - Under the Sea or At the Beach!

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog.
Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Crafty Cardmakers is back after a short break with a brand new Challenge.
  Judy is our host and, this time around, the theme of the Challenge is Under the Sea or At the Beach!!
As always, you may create anything you like as long as it fits the Challenge Theme.
Just remember to read the rules and be aware of our 15 Challenge limit.

This Challenge wasn't all that easy for me as I have almost nothing 'Beachy' in my stash but, after some great advice from my lovely friends  Heather Jacob and Helen Wallace (Thank you ladies),
this is the card I created.
I actually have Kaisercraft's 'Sandy Toes' paper pad and, when I saw the woodgrain paper, my first thought was 'rundown' beach shack'!  I also found a scrap of the anchor design paper (from the same pad I think) and felt that would come in handy as well.
 Luckily, at the last Craft Show in Adelaide, I had purchased the 'Net' chippie by Scrapmatts which could represent a fishing net, so I grabbed that out too.
Scoured the internet to find an image of the rundown beach shack but had no luck so I settled for a rundown Life Guard tower which I mounted on a bit of cardstock. 
Distressed all the paper edges and layered it all up with some corrugated board and twine for texture.  I added the micro beads to represent sand (it sorta looks like sand .. doesn't it??)  and popped in some sisal to represent the dried grasses found among the dunes ..
.. and, Voila!!  my 'Beachy' card was done!!

Hope you like my card and that I have given a little inpsiration to persuade you to join in with the Challenge.

For more inspiration just pop on over to the Crafty Cardmakers Post and check out the fabulous creations by the rest of the Team.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #194 - Under the Sea or At the Beach.

Thank you so much for dropping by and taking a look.  Would love it if you could leave me a little comment to let me know what you think.

Have yourselves a wonderful day and God Bless.
oxox Marg

9 comments:

  1. This is the perfect beachy card!! Wow!! I absolutely adore it!! The texture and layers are fabulous!! I love the picture!! You did an amazing job with this!! So gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret, I absolutely LOVE your card. It is not so very typical beachy and that's why I just love it so much. The beach in the most artistic way. Great job. Hugs Veerle xxx

    (Sorry for not being around but I have been very very ill)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautifully Margy. I love the emphasis you chose and the photo you found as the central motif for your card. For someone who didn't have a lot of beachy product, you've achieved the brief to perfection. Especially like the little gold beads dusted across the sand and I think I spy a little pearl or too washed up there as well. The scrap of blue anchor paper ties in so well with the photo and I love everything about this card. Thanks for the shout out too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg, Your card looks wonderful.. very beachy and love the old life guard shack, the little beads do look like sand and love the chippie nets too.. very creative take on the criteria! I hope your week is off to a great start and the weather is pleasant for you too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Margy... I love the colours and all that yummy texture too. Real beachy feel. Such a good idea to use micro beads on the photo too. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marg, your cards are always outstanding, and this is no exception. Fantastic design, even more so when you say you didn't have very much stash.... very clever lady x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, this is a beautiful beach themed card! I love all the textures and your image is delightful! We actually walked on the beach the other night, and you have represented everything perfectly! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning Margaret, love all the textures and colours and that is a fabulous picture, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful nautical card Marg! Love the textures :)
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.