Thursday 17 December 2020

Christmas Cards - 2020

 Hello everyone.

Well, I finally made it back for another post.  My plans for making regular ones certainly went out the window.   Never mind, I will just keep plugging on!  LOL!!

I have been busy making Christmas cards.  Wasn't actually going to do any this year but, it just didn't feel right.   I didn't make as many as I usually do but I did make quite a few.  Won't show them all as they are very similar but I'll just give you a bit of an idea of what I made.

The background papers are by Kaisercraft but the primary papers are from a digital kit by Antique Paperie on Etsy.  It's called Winter in Victoria.  There are some gorgeous images on these papers,  I really love them and will certainly be using them again.

The background papers were left plain but I edged the others with rose gold foil.  It doesn't show very well on the photos but looks really pretty IRL. 

On some of the cards, I added a touch of lace ..
.. and most have die cut greenery and a couple of berries.  The sentiment is a chippie by Scrapmatts.
I only used two designs for my cards.  The above cards show the first design ..
.. and this is the second design I used.
On these cards, I again edged the papers with foil but mounted them onto cardstock instead of  paper.  The other differences are, that I added flowers and the sentiment is a freebie found on pinterest.
Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a peek and thank you also for the lovely comments left on my previous posts.  I do love to read your sweet words.  
 
Just in case I don't get back before the big day I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and that next year turns out to be a whole lot better than this one has been. 
 
Take care my lovelies, stay safe and may God Bless you all.
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Margaret, your cards are always so gorgeous, I love all of these and I love the touches of rose gold that you added, it is a lovely understated addition to those beautiful papers!

    I too, was uncertain about doing cards this year but I felt it has been such a difficult time for people across the world and such an important time let people know you are thinking of them, so like you, I did it, just not as many! I hope you are keeping safe and well. Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, as always! Your cards, no matter the occasion, are always so beautifully tasteful! Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and so creative designs Margy, love how you do these slim line cards.... very nice quote you added too.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marg - it's wonderful to see you posting again. Like you, I decided not to send cards this year, but ended up making a few. I admire the beautiful paper you sourced on Etsy and am going to take a look. The lace look beautiful, as does the rose gold foiling. We will see our little Grand Girls from Victoria next week, provided nothing goes wrong with the CV between now and then. All the best for Christmas at your home and thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marg! How ar things? I hope they are as good as they can be.. crikey one week away now! I do wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and yes may 2021 be a better year for us all and for the world.. stay safe and well.. and so lovely to see your cards for this year. I love that you have a design that works and you just add a little different embellishment to give a big of a change to your cards.. I finally got around to doing mine and not as many as i usually do either.. beautiful creating for Christmas.. and in case I dont get to visit your blog Happy New Year Marg too.. God bless you too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margy, just popped over to see what you're up to. Gorgeous cards. Wishing you a happy and safe Christmas. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful set of Christmas cards! They look all fabulous and I love the foiling on them very much! Wishing you a happy, creative and healthy new year. Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are so pretty. Love them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margy, these are wonderful Christmas cards--the papers you chose look so beautiful with your creative touches! I hope your Christmas was merry and filled with true spirit. I'm praying all the best for you in this coming new year! I do hope to be a better blog visitor this year; your blog and creativity is truly an inspiration! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Margaret - your work is amazing yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards Margy and it's a shame the photos don't always show the best part of our cards, but, when I enlarge them onto my large screen they really are amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.