Monday 18 May 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 257 - Butterflies

Hello dear crafty friends.  Welcome to my blog and thank you for your visit.
I hope this finds you well and staying safe. 

The time has come for another Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.   Dr. Monika is our host and the Theme is Butterflies!!    Anything you wish to create is fine but please make sure your butterfly/ies are a prominent part of your creation.

I have created a simple card using some very basic mixed media techniques.
 I started by adding some torn bits of book paper and strips of washi tape to a piece of watercolour paper.
 I added some stamping with archival ink and then used a sea sponge to dab on some gesso and texture paste.
 Once that was dry, I added the colour with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals.  The colour used was Tears on my Pillow Tangerine.   I sprayed the paper with water first and then, again using the sea sponge, simply dabbed the colour where I wanted it.
The chippie piece was embossed with white Ranger Embossing Powder and, once it was attached, I added the prills.   The Greeting was computer generated and mounted on a piece of cardstock and the fussy cut butterfly is a free printable.

Would love it if you could pop over to the CCM Blog.  There you will find all the details of this Challenge and lots of inspiration by my Teamies.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #257 - Butterflies

Thank you so much for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

Take care, stay safe and God Bless.
oxox Marg


11 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! What a stunning make Margaret. Stay safe.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another really stunning card Margaret, the tangerine background looks so textured with your layers and that butterfly really takes centre stage - it is gorgeous. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that Blue Butterfly taking centre stage is simply divine. Ably supported by all the bits and bobs of mixed media, this truly is a card of distinction. A new fave for me with it's elegant lines. Thanks for the inspiration Marg. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post and great colours on this interesting card...lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful butterfly. Love all the details. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might be simply made for you but it's simply perfect. Have a great crafty week, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marg! I hope your week is going well.. It is a bit grey in the sky today, hoping rain is on the way!! I love your card.. it has simplicity but also lots of details and work has gone into it.. love the butterfly and the hint of mixed media.. another wonderful card!!! Enjoy the rest of this week.. stay well and safe.. and happy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Margaret, you do amazing work. The butterfly looks amazing over top your background. Have a great day!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Marg, this is stunning. I do love the way you manage to add so much detail to your card without it looking cluttered.
    Hope you are safe and well.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - this is stunning - I could look at it for hours and still see something new - glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning, stunning card - I'm simply swooning over this one! The rust and turquoise combination is superb (an all-time favourite of mine) and I just love those fragments of book text peeking out from the rusty splatter. Simply glorious composition - it's a truly glorious card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.