Monday 16 March 2020

Wildflower Cards

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.
  Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

I have shared quite a few masculine cards lately so, thought it was time to share a couple of feminine ones.  These cards were made a few months ago and were really quick and easy to put together. 

They were made using Tim Holtz's Wildflower die cuts and some older papers by Kaisercraft.
The primary flower was cut from designer paper and the rest were cut from cardstock.  I added a piece of book paper under the flowers on the first card and inked the edges of the die cuts.
The secondary flower was lightly coloured with Distress Ink, and I added a few prills amongst the greenery and to the center of the main bloom.
The word chippy is by Scrapmatts.

On the second card, I simply layered the papers the other way around.  The top, lighter coloured paper, is the waste from cutting the primary flower for the first card.   I simply set this die cut flower inside it and used a different secondary bloom.
No prills this time except in the center of the secondary flower which was also coloured with Distress Ink.


It usually takes me a few days to make my cards because I procrastinate so much over what to put on them but these two came together in one afternoon.  So easy and simple, I shocked myself!  LOL!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for any comment you may care to leave for me.  I really do appreciate it.

Have a fabulous day and stay safe!
Take care and God Bless.

13 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards Margaret. I love the simplicity of them and I may just have to give something similar a try if you don't mind. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margy. Fabulous cards, I love the idea of the cards having dimension but still flat enough to go in an envelope. I have to post so many and this would work really well for me. Hope I've not been too quiet but we've just got back from a ski trip, just in time by the look of it. Have a lovely creative week, hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marg! I hope this finds you well.. I love these cards, the layering is fabulous, love the dies you have used, the prills always add a little touch on color and interest.. and I think you have got your design perfect for your cards.. I hope you stay well and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your cards! Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post. Loving the fun layers. These are both beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous and I love that they came together so quickly for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The main bloom you used is my all time favourite flower die by Tim and I love how beautifully you have used it on these cards. The colours are wonderful and adding the prills just enhances their beauty. Love these Margaret! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your feminine cards are just as stunning as the masculine ones. Love the Tim Holtz flowers and the gorgeous prills. The Scrapmatts chippies look right at home too. Lovely work. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Marg! Oooo I love your work! Great layers and textures; and the colors are some of my fav's~ I'm not out in blogland too much these days, but so happy I could stop by and see your beautiful creativity~ Hugs friend, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog! I did not know yours and I am impressed by your wonderful creations so I became a follower!
    Stay healthy!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning designs, just gorgeous and full of inspiration..
    I am now your follower..
    hugs, aNNie.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a divine pairing - I absolutely adore the colours here. The soft peachy apricots are just beautiful with the neutral grays. Subtle texture from the paper-tearing and the little touch of book text to make the stems pop is genius. Love, love, love these two cards.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are absolutely stunning. Count me in as a follower - so happy to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.