Friday 1 November 2019

Clocks and Gauges for the Men

Hi everyone!  
Thought it was about time I started sharing some more of my cards.  Sorry I have been so quiet lately but life has been getting in the way.  You know how it goes.  
I have actually been spending time in my craft room, just haven't got around to sharing what I created.  So, this is just a little post to show you a couple of masculine cards I've made!

There is really nothing new here.  Just different versions of cards I've shown previously so I won't go into too much detail.

 The gauges are images found on the net.  Unfortunately, when I coated them with Glossy Accents, some of the details were lost.  They actually do look a bit better IRL than on the photo though.
 There's some stamping and heat embossing and I have added my usual die cuts along with a bit of washi tape.  This time, instead of the Texture Subway I've used another die by Kaisercraft called Cobblestone.


This card uses a wooden clock shape which I have coloured with Distress Inks and Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.
 Again, I have used the Cobblestone die in the background as well as the stamping, heat embossing, washi tape plus an extra strip of paper.


Two very simple and quick cards to make but I think they turned out quite well.

I am going to try and post a bit more often but not sure if that will work out.  I am still on the DT for Crafty Cardmakers so I will still be posting for them each fortnight.   Their current Challenge is Halloween which hubby and I do not participate in but, would love it if you could pop over there and take a look at the Teams' inspiration and, perhaps, join in if you are so inclined.
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #244 - Halloween

That's it from me, for now.
Thank you so much for stopping by and do enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless


8 comments:

  1. Oh, fabulous cards Margaret, I know I say it a lot but you really do create THE most fantastic male cards! I actually thought the gauges were real and I think you gave them a wonderfully vintage feel with the Glossy Accents. The clock on the second card is just superb!

    I hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg, yes life sometimes gets in the way of creating.. but so glad you have still found some time for doing what you love.. These cards looks great.. the gauges and clock and cogs are fabulous for male cards and great texture on the back ground too.. have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally understand about life getting in the way! But, it's good to hear your are still creating. The blogging part can be time consuming, so I appreciate seeing your newest bloke's cards. Just in time for me to card jack a little something for my youngest son!. Love both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margy. I know what you mean about life getting in the way, there's always something to distract us. Your cards are brilliant. I really admire how you make these masculine cards as I never find it easy to make them. Wishing you a lovely creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Marg! Business has been getting in the way of me making my visits in blogland! But here I am : )to see your awesome and amazing masculine cards! Marg I always love your work; and it's such a joy to visit and see your creativity~ Great base papers; and all that wonderful texture you add! (like that cool cobblestone~ Enjoy your art time my friend~ loving hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the guages are awesome! What a clever idea. Then again, you always have clever ideas - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Margaret! I really think you are the Queen of Masculine cards, and you make it look so easy (we all know it's not!). I love the gauges; they look so perfectly aged! And I'm loving that Cobblestone die cut, too! Two wonderful cards! I certainly understand about life getting in the way of blogging. I really feel guilty about even taking a couple minutes during lunch breaks to have a peek! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect composition of the cogs and gears. I think the slight blurring of the gauge dial is perfect - it looks like aged glass covered in condensation! The rusted clock is also fantastic - love the colours on that one. Two brilliant cards - and I'd be happier receiving these than something pink and frilly, so I'm not going to label them "masculine" either!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.