Monday 30 September 2019

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #242

Hi everyone!  Hope your day is going well for you!!

Time for a new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.   Judy is our lovely host and the Theme is 
'Add a Critter'!
Sounds like fun doesn't it??

I was having trouble coming up with ideas for this Challenge as I don't really have 'critters' in my stash!   No stamps, no stencils, no dies or chippies!  What to do?  What to do??!!  Then I came across a new video by Ephemera's Vintage Garden.  Debbie shows how to create a floating pocket which I felt would be ideal to add to a Nature inspired Junk Journal I am in the process of making.   As I was hunting through my stash (again), I found a sheet of woodland creatures which had been gifted by a friend ages ago and, problem solved!

 I won't go into details about putting this together.  It is really simple and, if you're interested, Debbie explains it very well in her video.

A few close-ups of the 'Hedgie' pocket.
I used a Tim Holtz stencil (Blossom) to decorate the pocket and added a bit of raggedy lace for texture.
Inside the pocket, I've added a tag, a seed packet and a couple of autumn leaves.
The tags are from the Familiar Trees 1 a Digi Kit by Ephemera's Vintage Garden.  The seed packets are freebies by Nik the Booksmith.  The Autumn leaves are from Meg's Garden.
As you can see, I have also added a few strips of washi tape.
The Squirrel pocket.
This pocket was decorated exactly the same as the previous one.
I simply used a different tag, seed packet and leaf.
The pockets themselves were made from a sheet of A4 paper which had been tea-died.  On the back, I used a Kaisercraft script stamp to decorate.
A last look at the two pockets together.

These pockets were so quick and easy to make and I think they are going to be fabulous in my Journal.  (If I ever get it finished that is.  LOL!!)  I love the idea that you can simply pop them into any page in the book and also move them around if you want to.

I do hope you will join in with this Challenge.  For more inspiration pop on over to the CCM blog and take a look at the fabulous creations by the other members of the Team.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!


Thank you so much for stopping by and do enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.
ox ox  Marg

11 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret. These little pockets are gorgeous and I can just see them as a junk journal in their own right but you could easily add them to larger pages too. Wishing you a very happy and creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just fabulous Marg.
    Hope you are having a wonderful week.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Margaret, these are adorable! What a wonderful idea to add see packets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg!! Happy October!! You are so inventive! I love how you have created the pockets with the sweet things in them. and I love the hedgehog and squirrel.. cute little critters!! the lace is a lovely touch too.. anyways.. I hope you have a great week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very good idea with the pockets. You make ik sound so easy to make. A very good idea to tea dye paper and stamp it, I must remember that. The labels and seed bags look lovely the added leaf and lace are a perfect add and the cute critters are adorable. Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little pockets are beautiful Margaret and well done on finding those cute little critters, they look perfect on the pockets, as do the seed packets. Love these! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, I'd struggle to find any critters in my stash, so your sheet of woodland stickers was certainly a lucky find. These pockets are completely delightful, perfect vintage tea-dying and stamping, and stuffed with gorgeous ephemera and those little leafy bonuses. I love pockets and wallets and surprises in a journal so I can imagine these in action - they'll be perfect.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous work Margaret, and I can see how useful they would be to put into a journal. Very creative!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got there in the end. I wouldn't have a hope of doing this challenge, but you make it look easy with the little creatures you found. Lovely work. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pocket ideas. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margaret, your journal pockets are so pretty, and filled with wonderful surprises! I love the bits of lace and your stitching which just make these so special--they will be fabulous in your journal. I do have lot's of critters in my stash, an entire drawer dedicated to mammals, birds and fishie things, but went for the insect variety on my projects. I hope it passes muster! I think your critters are adorable; love the squirrel! I had a nice little tit for tat with a squirrel in the tree outside my kitchen window yesterday; they are quite busy burying their nuts this year! So fun to watch! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.