Friday 29 March 2019

Just Playing - Making Cards #3

Hello dear crafty friends.  So pleased you stopped by for a visit.

So, this is episode three in my 'Just Playing' series!  This time, I'm sharing one of the masculine cards I created.  
The papers I collected for these cards is, as is usually the case, by Kaisercraft.  I also die cut lots of cogs (because I like those on my male cards)  and printed out a few clocks (another embellie I love to use, not just on my male cards, but on the more feminine ones as well) and gathered some chippies and some fibre pieces as well.  So, to make each card, that was the stash I had to select from.  I should have taken a photo of it all but, unfortunately, didn't think of that at the time.  Duh!!

These papers are from the Base Coat 6.5" x 6.5" pad. 
 Did a little stamping on the top layer ..
.. and also used a Tim Holtz MM die at the bottom of the piece.  The chippie sentiment is by Scrapmatts.  Love them!!
The clock and gears are a die from Simply Dies.  I cut it several times from black cardstock and then simply glued a few of them together for extra dimension.
 I also randomly heat embossed the piece with metallic powders in bronze and green to get the aged effect.
Normally, when I use embossing powders, I hate getting that mottled look but, in this case, it was exactly what I wanted!  Sweet!!
There you go!!  Another quick and easy card done and dusted!!

Still have a few more of these cards to share, but that is for another day!

As always, thank you so much for your visit. 
Do enjoy the rest of your day and have fun with your crafting!

Take care and God Bless

12 comments:

  1. LOVE-LOVE-LOVE this card Margaret and I love thic color palette for a masculine card.
    Great job. Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! The cogs look amazing!! I love how you've achieved such an amazing aged effect!! The papers are beautiful, too!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make the most beautiful cards Margaret & this one is no exception! Love the colours
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdi Marg!I hope your week has been a good one... cant believe it is the weekend already... my goodness the weeks go so fast!!! I love how you have created the aged look and height on the cog die, that looks very impressive!! That is great papers for a male card and the end result is superb!!! anyways... I hope the weekend goes really well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Marg this card is soo cool! I love what you did here~ Yea, the 'mottled' emboss was perfect to create the vintage-aged look for the clock. Great layers, and great idea for the die cut corner - as that cool BG paper shows thru. Love it! TFS hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this amazing male card Margaret, I really love the clock face and cogs and the die cut corner looks fantastic with the paper behind it. Another fabulous card! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fantastic card masculine Margy, I really like the doubled up cogs and the way the embossing turned out. I've been making some feminine cards this weekend with a similar Tim Holtz die cut in the corner. Love them. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful and love all the earthy colours! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is just beautiful Marg. I love the colours another fabulous masculine card <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marg, loving the card. You so good at making masculine cards and great choice of colours too. Hope your weekend is a happy one, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when you just play Marg, this is another stunner, always so inspiring to visit here and see your beautiful creations!

    I am off on Tuesday arriving Thursday morning early, and yes it's a shame Melbourne is so far away and sadly hubby never needs to visit Mt Barker anymore :o(
    Happy Sunday and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a real winner in my book! I love the papers and how you've embossed that wonderful die cut. I never think to use my MM die anymore, but you've inspired me to pull it out! I love see the paper below peeking out. Gorgeous masculine card; so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.