Saturday 28 July 2018

Cogs and Clocks - A Man Card

Hello dear visitors and welcome to my blog.  A very special welcome to my new followers.  Thank you so much for joining me on my crafty journey!

It's been a while since I last posted.  I have managed to get into my craft room once in a while but  haven't been able to complete any of the projects I've been working on so I thought I would share another of the man cards I created a while ago.  

 A fairly simple card made with two layers of some older Kaisercraft papers. 
 For a bit of texture and interest I wrapped twine around the papers before adhering them to the card base.  The two clocks were freebies from the net.  I printed them out and mounted them on some cardboard.  Both were slightly darkened and distressed by rubbing them with Distress Ink.
 A small piece of 2Crafty Chipboard underneath the cogs and wheels which were diecut from cardstock and then coloured with Versacolor stamp pads.
The greeting was generated on my computer, cut out and mounted on a piece of chipboard and edged with a Sharpie pen.
 To give the cogs and wheels more substance and dimension I actually cut them out three times and then glued them together before colouring. 


 Added some prills for extra interest.  Those of you who know my work will know that I love my prills!!  LOL!!


Here is the inside ..
 .. and here, the full frontal!!
I made this card for a very close friend of ours.  Unfortunately, he is not well and I wasn't able to give it to him personally but I hope he liked it.

I hope you liked this card.  I have a few more of these to share with you and I hope to be posting them soon, along with another project I am close to finishing.

Thank you so much for your visit and a special thank you to those who left me such lovely comments on my last post.  They are very much appreciated.

Have a wonderful day!!
Take care and God Bless.

9 comments:

  1. I always love seeing your male cards, you really are the 'Master' and I always look to your work for inspiration when I need a male card Margaret! This one is superb, I love those clock faces and the twine adds another wonderful dimension - and those prills, of course, are such a lovely touch! Just had to Pin this one for inspiration! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic masculine card Margy. I love the clock faces and the two toned effect on the chipboard. I share your love of Prills and use them on many cards and layouts. They seem to go such a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marg, I hope your weekend has been a good one, monday again tomorrow and another week ahead.. Love your card, and clever idea to layer up the gears to give added dimension.. love the rusty colors and love the clocks too.. I have often used clocks printed off the internet too a great cost effective embellishment.. well I have visitors tomorrow, namely my darling grand daughter and her mum and my other daughter so I hope to get lots of cuddles in!! Have a great week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really know how to make a stunning masculine card. The cluster of gears in the middle with the two tones really make a lovely bit of texture. So pretty!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could make masculine cards like you, Margaret!! This is spectacular!! I love the gears and the layers and every single details!! It's so amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Margy! Love how you have coloured the cogs too, they look very effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine card Margy. I always find them difficult but I think it's just that my brain goes blank when I have them to do Lol! Have a great week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the styling and the gorgeous, earthy colours on this card! Perfection! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the prettiest masculine cards I've ever seen! I love the design, and the prills and the twine are such wonderful touches that really tug at my heart! Love this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.