Monday 30 April 2018

In a Blue and Feminine Mood

Hello everyone and happy Monday!!  
Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

I have a card to share with you.  I haven't done a lot of crafting lately (have fallen way behind in my schedule) but, every once in a while, I feel the need to create something.  This card came together  because of that need.


I really had no specific idea in my mind when I started .. only that I wanted to make something blue (my fave colour) and feminine.
 So, I gathered some blue Kaisercraft papers together and then some white as well and worked out what layers I wanted.  Cut them to size and then tore and crumpled a few of the edges until I was happy with the arrangement.
I then went hunting for some flowers and, after trying a few different ones, decided on these.

I also tucked a blue flower in the corner and added a  touch of lace ..
.. and added some more lace in a couple of other spots just for a bit more interest.
Of course, I had to add some prills and micro beads as well.

Inserted a piece of gauze under the flowers and die cut the leaves from a scrap of Maja papers ..
.. and am quite happy with the result!

I am sharing this card with the Anything Goes Challenge # 114 at
Scrapping4funChallenges!

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope I have inspired you to create a little something yourself.
A special thank you for those who left such lovely comments on my last post.  You warm my heart with your kind words.

 Have a wonderful day!!
Take care and God Bless.

19 comments:

  1. Your card is ultra feminine Margaret and ultra gorgeous. I too love blue in all its shades. It's a very forgiving colour to use. Love love this delicate creation. Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pretty layers, the textures and the lace! It all makes for one pretty awesome card! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Marg, I hope your monday has been a good one.. a very busy one for me... will be glad to hit my pillow!! I love this card, my fav color is blue and the layers and flowers and the softness of the hint of gauze all blend to make this a really pretty card.. I love it.. and sometimes I also fill like a spot of scrapping, it must be good for the soul!! Have a great rest of the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous, delicate card. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely stunning!! The layers are amazing!! I love the flowers and the details you added!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue and white is a wonderful combination and your card is gorgeous Margaret. I love the torn paper, the gorgeous lace and the always beautiful flowers you added. I just got some 'prills' as I love how you use them in your lovely creations! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful details on a lovely card.
    Lia, DT S4F

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so soft and elegant! I love the little touches of texture.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite colours too and super pretty combined with the white and lace. I love the fine traceries on the Maja papers which you used for the leaves and the grill/beads combo adds a touch of elegance. How lovely to create "just because" and come up with this marvellous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous, Margaret. Such lovely colors and don't you just adore the texture with Prills and microbeads!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Margaret, I love this! The blues combined with the lace is so elegant! Mmmmm, those soft layers just make my heart sing! I'm giggling, because I just checked my blog to get your link, and saw you left me a comment at the same time! Ha! Ha! I cased one of your designs, and I wanted to give you credit. I hope you don't mind! Have a great week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Margaret, it feels so relaxing with the lovely cool blues. Love it to bits. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining at Scrapping4fun challenge. Hope to see you next time. 
    Hugs xx 
    DT Meena Herale

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  15. What an absolute divine card, gorgeous colours and love all the layers xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card, love all the detail
    thank you for your lovely entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous flowers. you have created a beautiful card. Good luck to you.Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge.Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@S4F
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty Margaret, those beads look so pretty have been playing with some myself, but not quite happy with how mine look. I adore this ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness Margaret, this is just stunning! I used to think that blue was for boys, but I am becoming more and more fond of using blue for feminine cards and you have just reminded me why... STUNNING!!! Love the litte bits of lace tucked under the corners, and those flowers with the yellow stamens are so beautiful! Lots of layers of distressed papers and of course, your signature Prills! Really gorgeous my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.