Monday 9 April 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #209 - Water

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.  So happy that you stopped by.

The new Challenge is starting over at Crafty Cardmakers and the Theme this fortnight is - Water.  Josephine is our host for this one and, as always, you may create whatever you like as long as it follows the Theme.

Well, I thought I would be back full on crafting this past week or so but that obviously did not happen.  I think when I broke my wrist I also broke my enthusiasm and my mojo .. LOL!!  Just can't get back into it at the mo, but I'm quite pleased that I did manage to create something for my DT contribution even though it did take a few days to get done.

I created this very simple little card.

 This is not the first card I tried to make.  It is actually my fourth attempt.  I simply could not get the right effect for the background.  Yeah, I do think my mojo is broken or, at least, it's bent a bit!  LOL!!
The first two attempts were made with different inks and paints and didn't look very nice. So then I went back to my trusty Magicals and, although I did like the result on the third attempt, I then messed it up beause I wasn't really sure what I wanted to add to it.  Tried it with mermaids and dolphins but I  did not like how it turned out so, that one ended up in the bin as well.
I created this background by first spraying a piece of watercolour paper with water.  I mixed each of the colours with water to activate them and then put a few drops of each randomly on the page.  Then I sprayed over it with water again just to get the colours moving a bit more and this is the result.  The Magicals' colours I used on this background are Danny Zucko's Denim, Tiffany Lou's Blue, Azure Sea Asters, Sea Mint Green and Greased Lightning Green.  Don't you just love those names?? 
And I really loved how this background turned out so didn't want to mess this one up.  Still wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with it though until I found this quote from the movie Finding Nemo and then I knew I had to add a  fish of some sort.
After that, it all came together quite quickly.  I found the little fish on the net, printed it out and fussy cut it. 
I edged the fish and the quote with a black Sharpie pen and popped them up  on foam tape to give a bit of dimension.  I also went around the fish with more of the Danny Zucko's Denim to give it shadow and make it stand out a bit more.
The 'seaweed' is the Garland Threads Die by Altenew and I added some pearls to represent air bubbles.  I then used more of the Danny Zucko's Denim to add the splashes.
And here it is .. all finished!!!
I did make this into a card but am not really sure what sort of occasion I could use it for so, I'm thinking, I might just pop it into my art journal.   'Cos, with that quote, it's kinda uplifting and supportive and I think it's kinda cute and, I want to keep it!  So there!  LOL!!

I hope you will pop on over to the CCM Blog and take a peek at the fabulous inspiration by my Teamies and, maybe, link up your entry.  Would love to see how you interpret this Theme. 

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 209 - Water.

Thank you so much for stopping by and for any words you may care to leave for me.  I read every one and really appreciate you taking the time.

Have a wonderful day!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

23 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Margaret, he's very cute.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little fish and those pearl bubbles.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. You absolutely nailed the background, Margaret!! It looks so amazing!! Wow!! I love the colors!! The fish is so cute!! I love this!! So, so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh golly, you had to go through a lot to get to the result but wow, what a fabulous result, the background is gorgeous Margaret! I am with you on the mojo thing, I am blaming it on the fact that Spring has yet to arrive over here... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this gorgeous card Margareth. So well done. I understand you when you say you have seem to have lost your mojo. After my first surgery I couldn't craft for weeks and weeks and after my second surgery 9 days ago I had it again. Just started crafting again today. All the cards posted these past days were made long ago. I'm happy too I finally started again. I hope your wrist will be 100% again very soon. Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this pretty card! The black seaweed is a wonderful contrast. I love that you stuck with it until you came up with the perfect background. This one is definitely a keeper. The perfect watercolor effect for your underwater themed card.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is fantastisc , i love the little fish and the bubbles
    I would like to invite you to my blog and maybe you want to follow me

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just swimming!!!! Love it to bits! Sorry that it took you 4 attempts...but that's sometimes just the way it goes! LOL. I would definitely put this in my art journal....its a keeper for sure! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I think this card is just so cute, I love the little fishy and love the message to just keep swimming... a thought for all of us.. and for you too Marg, you kept trying, I think your other cards would have been ok but we tend to be hard on ourselves at times I think... I am sure your mojo is still there, and as you get back into creating it will all be there for you.. but I do know what you mean, if I have had a break from creating for any reason I feel a bit worried I have forgotten what to do..hehe.. but it is like riding a bike, you just have to get back on the seat and away we go!!! I too would love some rain, some Autumn showers would be good too.. but I do love the warm days.. the nights are starting to have a chill... but all the better to sleep with!! hehe.. have a great week Marg... Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog too.. I do get such a smile with your wonderful visits to my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Margaret, gorgeous card and that little fish is so cute. Have a great week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Margaret
    This card is so beautiful and i love the sentiment.
    I hope it's getting better with you and you find your mojo back every day a little more.
    Hugs, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adore your card, I left some comments on google, but alas here I am on your blog ... I am a little rusty these days and finding things very different to what it used to be. Sending loves to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Margaret - the card is just adorable. So cute. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its so striking Margaret. Really love it. Your watercolour work looks amazing. I have tried it so many times and fail at every attempt....one day I might get it. Perfect sentiment with the fish and that is how I feel some days just need to keep swimming. Im sure your mojo will return soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness Margaret, this is just too much fun! I am so in love with your fishie and the entire underwater scene that you built for him to swim around in! The seaweed foliage is beautiful and your water background is stunning, but my favourite are his pearl bubbles!! Such a great sentiment, although that little Dory jingle from the movie is gonna be stuck in my head all day! lol

    I find every year, that the weather is just a little bit crazier than it was the year before. Last week I was making patio garden plans, this week I I had to pull out the snow shovel!! It sure can be difficult to make any plans when your not sure what season it's going to be tomorrow. lol. I hope all has been well with you this last couple of weeks. Thinking of you and sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous - love how you've done the background!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mojo broken??? I think NOT!What a fabulous background to ppop up this sweet fishie! I love the garland strips as seaweed and the pearl bubbles are genius! Great inspiration and a great quote! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome looking card...well done.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your background and your card as a whole ;o) I hope this helped a little in getting back some of your mojo! Have a lovely Sunday and happy crafting, yours Maike

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry to hear your MOJO, has done a bunk, mine has too! They seem to take any opportunity of illness to down tools and go on strike!. So glad you persisted with your card though; it truly is gorgeous and more than worthy of a special spot in your art journal.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's refreshing to hear that someone as talented as you has creations that end up in the bin! I was going to say that I hope your mojo returns soon, but then I realised it has. This is fantastic! I adore that background. I hopw your wrist is on the mend too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a super cute card, awesome background! Hoping your wrist is on the mend too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.