Monday 16 October 2017

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #198 - Spooky

Hello lovely visitors and welcome to my blog.  A special welcome to my new followers.  Thank you so much for joining me on this creative journey.

There is a new Challenge starting at Crafty CardmakersGlenda is our Host this time around and the Theme is all about being Spooky!!!  Anything you care to create is fine, it doesn't have to be a card but it must be Halloweenish!!  LOL!!  Is that even a word??  Guess it is now!!

This time I created a tag but, as I don't participate in Halloween and don't possess any 'spooky' items in my stash, I simply used the Halloween colours of black, orange and purple.
The inspiration for this tag came from Autumn Clark who created a stunning Graduation card in Halloween colours.  You can see it here.

I cut the base tag from black cardstock and covered it with some Prima papers.
 Die cut some leaves from orange cardstock and paper and also used some left over leaves from my 'Fancy Folds' card here.

 I have no idea where the flower came from nor do I remember what colour it was originally.  When I found it while searching through my stash, it had obviously been sprayed red, so all I did was respray it again with some watered down acrylic paint.  You can still see some of the red shining through.  It looks like a Prima flower to me but I may be wrong.
Layered a paper doily and a die cut one under the flower cluster and also added a scrap from a Prima journal tag under the leaves.   A little touch of lace for more texture!
Attached a twine bow at the side ..
.. and more twine at the top of the tag ..
.. and it was done!!!!

I hope you like my little Halloweenie tag and that I have inspired you to join in with the Challenge.

For more inspiration, pop on over to the Crafty Cardmakers blog and take a look at the fabulous creations by my Teamies and then link up your entry.  Don't forget to read the rules and please take note of our 15 Challenge limit.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #198 - Spooky

Thank you so much for dropping by and for leaving me a little love.  I really appreciate it!!

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Margaret! I don't celebrate this holiday either so I am loving your interpretation of the theme! The rich tones are still in keeping with the holiday and yet there's a feminine quality with the use of the laces and lovely florals, that give this tag an all occasions feel! It's a beautiful combination that I may try and copy if you don't mind!

    The days are getting shorter and cooler where I am, but the animals are starting to make the transformation into their chubby, furry, adorable winter selves that I just adore! I hope you've been having wonderful spring weather and are safe from all the crazy weather Mother Nature has been throwing at the world this year. Sending hugs my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! The layers are amazing!! I love the details you added!! The colors are so beautiful together!! Love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how beautiful are those autumn colours Margaret! Halloween is not really celebrated here in England... sadly, but autumn colours do it for me too and your tag is gorgeous! That central flower is stunning, I love that there is a little red showing through. The string bow and lace are such wonderful additions too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Who knew that apricot and deep purple would look so dramatic together? Not me, that's for sure. I think I would have opted out of this challenge, but you conquered it with flair and panache. Love the deep layers with the leaves and lace and that purple bloom is a triumph. This is a new fave for me Margy. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Margaret. Beautiful rich colour and texture. It's spooky enough for me Lol! because I bet there is a spider hiding behind those leaves just waiting to show his face! Have a great week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marg! How is your week going? It is still rainy here, a bit wet but I am not complaining as it has been so dry in the past few months!! Be nice to get our tanks full again! This card is so beautiful.. I just love all the leaves and the pops of the lace look wonderful.. Always love to see your cards! anyways have a good week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning make Margaret!!! Love the deep purple flower and such gorgeous layering. I am not on blog land that much lately, some health issues I need to deal with...I shall catch up hopefully soon :)
    Take care my dear friend!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just stunning Marg, I love the stunning colour combo and the beautiful way you have layered the embellies. The red still shining through on that wonderful flower makes for a perfect colour combo with those beautiful leaves. Like you I am not a fan of Halloween , but I love Autumnal colours, so this is just perfect as far as I am concerned!
    Sorry for the lack of visits, but spending much time with the grandies does not leave too much time to visit blogs... Hope you are enjoying Spring. We had a couple of really hot days here on the Peninsula, but today is cooler again...

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't celebrate halloween here in South Africa. Not sure why it just has never been something that was celebrated. I love seeing all the decorations and cards and stuff though :D The shops overseas were something to behold too. Lovely stuff. Your tag is just beautiful. I love the colours and all the layers. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome creation Margaret. what a WONDERFUL addition for the DT designs for the Halloween 'Spooky' challenge. The layers and flowers and colour choices are fabulous. One very beautiful tag!
    hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wonderful dimensional piece - the layered leaves are a treat, and I love the b&w background. Brilliant design.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooooo love this card! I adore those leaves and the pop of the purple flower is so eye catching! Beautiful, beautiful work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.